joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we wishcasted the GFS and Euro when we saw confluence last night and COMPLETELY disregarded the NAM. I am as guilty as anybody. The NAM short range should never be tossed and we learned a lesson on the front end with that. We still have a chance at glory, just depends on the warm nose and how long this low spins and sits. 

It's not going to be any big snows in the foothills the ULL is to far NORTH. Don't let the models trick you again with this deform band crap. Not happen here.

I say Raleigh east might get some heavy precip from coastal (don't know what form)? but here in the foothills scattered showers of whatever. 

It could be worse, you could live on the coast...

Well, the forecast so far had been right on the nose for our area. At least for me anyway. Waiting to see if the backend snow tomorrow is as forecast.

I'm waiting on the wind and heavy rain now, maybe even some thunder - lol. The sfc low should pass right over us.

From the Jebman himself...

"We got us one hell of a firehose powered from three major oceans, it is ALL SNOW, and it is aimed straight at NoVa/DC!"

My Son is out on the back 40 surfing the MH Saucer on 2" of fresh powder, I hollered get up here, we're fixing to take a Jeb walk.  He said, what's that?  I said, an EPIC walk through the snow down to that barn.  He said, why?  I said, cuz, get your a** up here!

We watch WYFF exclusively. They have said the entire time that I-85 would be the line. I think you hearing things you want to hear.

I feel they have done an excellent job with this storm.

They did show lots of ice south of 85 too, but they did say that it would be a close call. They circled that area, including where I am and said that we may or may not get hit. I'd say Cessarich and Justis did very well with this one.

here's ya coastal for ya. like I said Coastal no good for western areas....

Allan Huffman@RaleighWx 2m2 minutes ago

Latest HRRR forecast precip between 2pm-3am, showing very heavy amounts Triangle north. If true extreme icing. #ncwx

CZWVeFjUEAAJZVh.png

HRRR is garbage. No way we get that much liquid between now and 3am, I mean dang, compare current radar to that model. If I'm reading it correctly it says around 1" liquid for most of triad still to come? Yeah, I ain't buying it.

To your point about the coastal, I agree.

Latest HRRR forecast precip between 2pm-3am, showing very heavy amounts Triangle north. If true extreme icing. #ncwx

Far western areas no, but it looks like substantial precip from a little west of I-77 east. Aren't you in Surry county? Looks like most of Surry on that map is in the 0.75-1.00" QPF zone.

yea, we been burned already by model precip output already. There wont be a fool me twice with this system. I'm going to make a sleet man to calm me down. 

Far western areas no, but it looks like substantial precip from a little west of I-77 east. Aren't you in Surry county? Looks like most of Surry on that map is in the 0.75-1.00" QPF zone.

Yea, I'm in Surry. But I've been around a long time, seen this song and dance too many times. I guarantee you I don't get 3/4 to 1 of liquid.  

Archived