joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair. Although I'm happy with whatever falls, but when your gonna be lucky to get 10 when most are calling 16-20 I consider that a bust. Also. It appears next week's storm is gonna be too far south for me to get hit good. But we'll see.

Woe is you. You guys in the mountains complaining about 10 inches amaze me.

We live in the mountains. We're allowed to be greedy. Especially since this has been a top 5 worst winter on record for snow til this past wednesday.

You have a third of Jan, all of Feb and March still. Worst winter? lol

It's not about climo. It's about expectations. They were forecasted two feet of snow. That's an epic bust if they receive less than a foot.

I saw plenty of people on here yesterday that said those amounts wouldn't verify. Shouldn't be surprised.

To be fair. Although I'm happy with whatever falls, but when your gonna be lucky to get 10 when most are calling 16-20 I consider that a bust. Also. It appears next week's storm is gonna be too far south for me to get hit good. But we'll see.

Yeah 10" sure is a bummer. I would be worrying about the storm next week too. Must suck not sitting in the dry slot of death.

You have a third of Jan, all of Feb and

March still. Worst winter? lol

I work at sugar mountain In the winter. We weren't open in December but for 4 days. I think I can say that so far it has been one of the worst winters on record until this week. And guess what? It might warm up again. You never know.

At what point does the cliff jumping start for CLT? The Burger Bermuda winter weather triangle is in full effect, and appears to stay that way.

Go ahead if you want, I always thought 2-4" of slop (4-6" if we had more snow to start)was a good call here. I'm at 1.5" of compacted slop right now so I think that 2-4" has a good chance verifying

Not sure about everyone else but here north of Charlotte I've gotten about what was called for by Brad P. So not really disappointed at all. I have about 2 on the ground and had some sleet and fr. rain since. Now in a lull. I love watching the models but I will trust the local guys who have lived here and no how the storms work around here. 

Not sure about everyone else but here north of Charlotte I've gotten about what was called for by Brad P. So not really disappointed at all. I have about 2 on the ground and had some sleet and fr. rain since. Now in a lull. I love watching the models but I will trust the local guys who have lived here and no how the storms work around here.

Yep not disappointed at all. Also not freaked out about radar like some ppl are.

Archived