joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never believed from the start. HP was too weak imo. I still think we get some sleet or ZR tomorrow. Got a General 2 years ago so I'll have power regardless. I just tried to caution upstate folks not to entertain the gfs snow amounts. No way was it going to happen...soundings didn't support it. And never rely on backside snow on the lee side. But like I said earlier from nw gville and east you can get in on backside redevelopment.

And no one believed they would see snow out of a wave moving in from the Pacific yesterday either but they did. Also if anyone was believing upstate was getting 10" like GFS is crazy anyway! But who knows this storm is still 6 hours away from happening so GFS may just verify noone knows. We will know this time tomorrow night what's going on,but alot on here in the upstate want be happy with a sig Ice storm!

Going to be an interesting day tomorrow.  Thanks for keeping us CAE people informed.

HRRR did well with the upper level snow last November here as it got closer and other models didn't know what to do with it.  Also, it has a history of running a bit warm.

That HRRR radar simulation would make me ecstatic ! I'm in the firehose for like 6 hours! How accurate is that! Already heard nam had initialization error

I like the HRRR.  The SREF & NAM both did big changes recently.  For you on the NAM and SREF up North. In fact, the SREF is heavily influeced by the NAM data if I am not mistaken.

Makes me wonder if some bad data was ingested and we might see the NAM come back around by 06z.  Wait and see game.

Edit: The NAM did initialize the surface low pressure center incorrectly.

PWSDS

Pre Winter Storm Denial Syndrome

:lol:  True

I recommend just shutting the site down until Monday. :)

The MA would hunt us down  :( 

^^^ this times 1000...geeeeshhh :popcorn:

I know right?!   <_<

IDK what has happened to me lol, much less everybody else? I'm really just talking junk I'm good with whatever I get.  :pimp:

:sun:

Archived