Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
STORM MODE THREAD- January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #4 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If RGEM and these other models are right, we could be talking legitimately, Knickerbocker totals. Can we pull off a #1 storm here? If we don't dryslot, I say it is a very good chance

I trust the RGEM over the NAM, honestly. Euro always concerns me but it isn't some highly advanced alien artifact machine god like some here treat it. It can screw up.

I know this board orients towards DC/Balt, but a stunning difference in the RGEM over a matter of miles for Richmond. From 24 inches in the west end of the city to 8 or 9 inches just 25 miles south in the Tri-Cities. This is why this region never knows what will happen. This is always the line.

After looking at the 4k and RGEM I dont think its ridiculous to say that someone may actually end up with 40 inches from this storm. My bet would around Mt. Weather. And western Loudoun. 

Yes...Snowmageddon had a couple or so reports near 40", so it's not unprecedented around here or totally out there.

12z GFS has DCA over a foot at 1am :o

24-27 inches by 12z SAT... WTF this is just silly

Seems like all models have been converging on very high amounts through 12Z Saturday.  Even the relatively more conservative runs like last night's 00Z Euro would have the metro areas pushing 18-20" by then.  I cannot even fathom that, to be honest.

We may never see something like this again... The GFS is advertising the GOAT storm

Not to banter too much...But if this happens as some of these recent runs are showing, I think it would top the 1978 Ohio blizzard for me personally (and I was in KCLE for that storm).  That storm didn't get a huge amount of snow in northeast OH, but the extreme cold (single digits) and high winds (50+ MPH) made it epic and particularly dangerous.  The one upcoming won't be that cold of course and the winds not as strong either...but the sheer snowfall in combination with blizzard-level winds would probably put it up there.  Plus this storm will be quite dangerous as well.

Archived