joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
STORM MODE THREAD- January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #4 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to, I agree. It happened in 2010. That snow was extremely dense after it got that deep.

Hamden Ct had legit 40 in 2013. What do you think your ratios are. Bufkit is extremely impressive, maximizing SGZ. If the GFS is near on QPF someone breaks 40. Sometimes you have to go big in the face of consistency.

Hamden Ct had legit 40 in 2013. What do you think your ratios are. Bufkit is extremely impressive, maximizing SGZ. If the GFS is near on QPF someone breaks 40. Sometimes you have to go big in the face of consistency.

I wouldn't know about ratios unless I melted and measured, but it's pretty cold right now, 22.9, and the snow is powder so I'd imagine they might be pretty high.

Yea, this is the real deal. Let's forget the models and enjoy. Going for  a long walk with the dog when the good stuff gets going later

Yep. it gives DC enough to get second on the all time list providing the DCA 75% measuring tendency don't kick in.  It's a bad run for folks in PA but good for us. 

QPF is 2 - 2.4 through the corridor and west. Jack in NW VA of 2.7. Quite uniform. It's a great run but most of the damage is done by 7am for the cities and close burbs. Heaviest axis is just west

The EuroWx maps have been pretty accurate in the past, so even if they are overdone by a few inches it is an unreal storm. This baby is locked in.

Archived