CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
STORM MODE THREAD- January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #4 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah we're just nitpicking we still get hammered dry slot or no.

It's not nitpicking because it tells the narrative of the storm...I don't know exactly what will happen...hopefully we have +SN all day tomorrow...but chances are we will lull...hopefully the "lull" still has -SN the whole time....its not like we will see the sun come out

It's not nitpicking because it tells the narrative of the storm...I don't know exactly what will happen...hopefully we have +SN all day tomorrow...but chances are we will lull...hopefully the "lull" still has -SN the whole time....its not like we will see the sun come out

Nitpicking in the sense that it's still a massive hit regardless...but I definitely agree with you there.

Lower res nam has been the only model pushing things N for the last 4 cycles. But no support. 4k nam is much more in line with everything else. And since it's snowier for my yard it's the correct model to hug until the RGEM comes out. 

Euro pushed north and so did gfs. even though not as much as the nam...never the less it did.

Lower res nam has been the only model pushing things N for the last 4 cycles. But no support. 4k nam is much more in line with everything else. And since it's snowier for my yard it's the correct model to hug until the RGEM comes out. 

Both the low res NAM and 4-km high res look better than last night, too...at least from what I can tell.

Yup, I don't think the few hours of light snow/sleet/graupel ruined the Blizzard of 96 experience for any of us. It happens as part of maturing storms all the time. We went lighter early morning 2/10 as well for awhile.

The only model run I wasn't all that fond of was the 0z euro. But the para euro looks like everything else with 2-3" QPF through the area. So far today every single run looks excellent.  I said this last night but got burned...I'll bet even odds that the 12z euro comes in bigger than the 0z. 

I'm not worried about any lull or dry slot as long as the deform pivots through afterwards. That seems quite likely and fits with many similar storms,

Correct - Feb 10, 2010 there was the burst overnight (small compared to what we expect from this) and a ton of worry on the board at eastern that it was over - and a few mets pointing out it was about to get good - then the pivot happened and a blizzard ensued for a lot of the area (but not SW of DC I don't believe).

I was referring to the first February one for the DC area, but yes the second one had a lull too.

The only model run I wasn't all that fond of was the 0z euro. But the para euro looks like everything else with 2-3" QPF through the area. So far today every single run looks excellent.  I said this last night but got burned...I'll bet even odds that the 12z euro comes in bigger than the 0z. 

I'm not worried about any lull or dry slot as long as the deform pivots through afterwards. That seems quite likely and fits with many similar storms,

If that's the price we have to pay for deathbanding later in the afternoon/evening, it is worth it.....It will sting a bit when the Winchester crew reports 100 yard viz and we are -SN, 

I think you just need to accept the range of possibilities rather than every post be formulated to deny the downside

People have a hard time here accepting the reality of our situation.  I'm fully prepped for a dry slot now...it's a bummer, but we still get a shellacking on both sides of it.   Lemons, lemonade. 

Archived