SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #2 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why are you looking at 6z? Why not go look at 18z from two days ago to make a more worthless point

Whenever I do a comparison I typically do it when a 12 or 24 hour Delta. So I'm comparing it to the 6 Z which is 12 hours before the 18 z. I guess when I get home I'll have to upload some stupid pictures

your reacting to noise on a run that's still 3 days out

Nope. I'm just stating my observation and analysis of what just happened. But in all seriousness it actually seems like it worked out fine because it sticks out just a bit but we still get into some really good snow action.

i know wxbell uses the full-resolution surface fields at the native gfs resolution -- that could explain the difference

yeah that's probably it. it has a little blob near there but like .5" on SV.

That bullseye looks really wonky.  I wouldn't buy that at all. 

fun with convective parameterizations

edit: but in all seriousness -- the dynamic processes/feedbacks have to be pretty close to the edge of predictability -- will probably always be an issue in NWP

I actually hoped for a S dip last night .. we couldn't have taken much more of a north move from where we were yesterday. Don't want to see much more of course but this is the problem with getting blasted run after run after run from so far out.

Archived