• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #2 - No Banter

stormtracker

Agreed and like many others have stated when was the last time Richmond got a foot let alone jackpotted in a major storm. But hey there is a first for everything.

I believe Richmond received a foot (or close to it) in that 1/30/2010 storm, and I know they did in January 2000.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

classic  that moron would say that  --   when   its  huge  snow for dc  to bos  he loves it 

never mid that   the euro  and  eps has been showong these BIG  huge  amounts  for  6  runs in a  arow

In all fairness the Euro has been jumping the precip field all over the place the past few runs. It hasnt exactly been consistent. And It's most recent run doesnt even align with its ensemble. 

From LWX a few minutes ago:

THE COMBINATION OF A SLOW MOVING STORM SYSTEM...COLD AIR AHEAD OF

THE STORM SYSTEM...AND PLENTY OF MOISTURE FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO

AND ATLANTIC CONTINUES TO SUGGEST THAT THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR A

MAJOR WINTER STORM TO AFFECT THE AREA DURING THIS TIME.

DETERMINISTIC GUIDANCE AND THE ENSEMBLE FIELDS ARE IN GOOD

AGREEMENT...BUT THERE IS STILL HIGHER UNCERTAINTY GIVEN THE FACT

THAT THIS THREE TO FOUR DAYS OUT AND THE LONGWAVE PATTERN IS

PROGRESSIVE. ALMOST AS IF TO REMIND US OF THIS...THE 12Z OP RUN OF

THE ECMWF SHIFTED SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES SOUTH FROM ITS PREVIOUS

RUN AND GREATLY REDUCED ITS FORECAST SNOWFALL ACROSS OUR

NORTHWESTERN ZONS...A SCENARIO WHICH DOES NOT APPEAR LIKELY BUT IS

DEFINITELY WITHIN THE REALM OF POSSIBILITIES.

maybe someone will know what this means, but almost all of the NMB sref members are south like the euro or even more so, while every one of the ARW members is north like the GFS/GGEM.  I am assuming that plays into their biases but any clue to what that may mean, any idea which is better in this situation?  The mean is simply splitting the difference between two opposite camps. 

this type of clustering is unfortunately very common in the SREF.   In general, the NMMB members tend to be weaker and slower with troughs.

maybe someone will know what this means, but almost all of the NMB sref members are south like the euro or even more so, while every one of the ARW members is north like the GFS/GGEM.  I am assuming that plays into their biases but any clue to what that may mean, any idea which is better in this situation?  The mean is simply splitting the difference between two opposite camps. 

Archived