joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #2 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, since I can't see it, let's see if I have this right.  The best model in the world has waffled yet again.  It has take a place like State College from 2 feet to nothing to 1 foot to 2 feet and now back to nothing.  Meanwhile, the GFS has pretty much had the same solution for about 5 days.

And we are supposed to put all of our faith in the "best" model?  Exactly how are we supposed to trust this?

I think at this point there aren't any more valid excuses...I think Amwx needs to purchase a ton of bandwidth for this event...If the board doesn't work when you really need it to, what is the point?

Deleting or modifying records en masse kills DB performance and causes deadlocks.. 

For the past few days the Euro has been bouncing back and forth between the 0Z and 12Z on the northern extent of the heavy snow. Did it again here.

Exactly. We noticed that yesterday when I was at work. Let's wait until we see the 12Z EPS, mean and individual solutions, before we freak out.

So, since I can't see it, let's see if I have this right.  The best model in the world has waffled yet again.  It has take a place like State College from 2 feet to nothing to 1 foot to 2 feet and now back to nothing.  Meanwhile, the GFS has pretty much had the same solution for about 5 days.

And we are supposed to put all of our faith in the "best" model?  Exactly how are we supposed to trust this?

Yeah..I think this is the furthest south we will see a run go.

I mentioned the Euro Para yesterday was a HUGE red flag and i got laughed out of here.

And (hopefully not banter), I'd rather be on the colder side at this point. Hard to believe with the anomalously warm Atlantic shelf waters and such a dynamic system we won't see a nudge back northward. At least for the cities on east.

in some ways, this is kinda where you want to be at.  we now have a "cold" storm.  that's a good thing.  i got tired of tracking this thing from 6-7 days out.  now we're in the meat of the model runs.  every model run is important now, so let's see where this thing ends up.  realistically, do you really want to be in the jackpot 3 days out?  i don't.

And (hopefully not banter), I'd rather be on the colder side at this point. Hard to believe with the anomalously warm Atlantic shelf waters and such a dynamic system we won't see a nudge back northward. At least for the cities on east.

You know a ton more than me. I am praying you are right.

Archived