joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I was referring to track alone. Not temp profiles.

Yeah they are definitely pretty close on the synoptics...Euro suite is a bit colder aloft and has more of that inverted trough back into N VT, but they are much closer together than the American models are.

Yeah they are definitely pretty close on the synoptics...Euro suite is a bit colder aloft and has more of that inverted trough back into N VT, but they are much closer together than the American models are.

this^.

Believe me. I hope the euro is more accurate than the Rgem this time. The euro is mostly snow here while the Rgem is an ice storm

Just so you guys know, in case you don't already, the Rgem has a higher resolution model on the meteo site. Just click on the HRDPS. It appears much better with temp profiles and p-types. Was pretty spot on with the last storm. Only issue is it comes out a couple hours later than the regular Rgem.

I think snowgoose mentioned something about the off hr RGEM runs being bad but who knows, I have noticed that they do differ from 0z and 12z, The other thing, Its still outside 36hrs which i believe from there in its highly skilled so i take it as just another piece of guidance right now to look at for trends

Just so you guys know, in case you don't already, the Rgem has a higher resolution model on the meteo site. Just click on the HRDPS. It appears much better with temp profiles and p-types. Was pretty spot on with the last storm. Only issue is it comes out a couple hours later than the regular Rgem.

It was really weird last winter though, I thought the RGEM did better than the hi-res version. I think it might be an instance of a model having too high a resolution for its own good, like the NAM.

It was really weird last winter though, I thought the RGEM did better than the hi-res version. I think it might be an instance of a model having too high a resolution for its own good, like the NAM.

Very possible. I didn't really start using it until this fall. Just another tool in the model garage. They all have there flaws.

Weird map. What is the dynamic behind the CRV getting more than the higher elevations of SW/West Central NH?

Don't know, But i do know this isn't Oceanstwx's map, His are more well defined and smoothed over, The potential exists to go up it seems

SATURDAY`S SYSTEM: SNOW AND MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL ENTER THEREGION FRIDAY NIGHT. HAVE NUDGED ACCUMULATIONS SLIGHTLY UPWARDS BASEDON NEW MODEL INFORMATION. BOUNDARY LAYER TEMPERATURES WILL BEMARGINAL. A MIX OF SNOW...MIXED PRECIPITATION AND RAIN WILLLIKELY KEEP ACCUMULATIONS DOWN ALONG THE COAST. HOWEVER...AREASJUST INLAND FROM THE SHORELINE HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PICK UPSEVERAL INCHES OF SNOWFALL - ESPECIALLY THE CORRIDOR FROM LEWISTONUP THROUGH AUGUSTA AND WATERVILLE. THIS IS A LOW CONFIDENCEFORECAST...HOWEVER IF WET BULB READINGS GET ANY COOLER...SNOWACCUMULATIONS WILL NEED TO BE RAISED MORE. HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THISPOTENTIAL IN THE LATEST HWO.

Don't know, But i do know this isn't Oceanstwx's map, His are more well defined and smoothed over, The potential exists to go up it seems

SATURDAY`S SYSTEM: SNOW AND MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL ENTER THE
REGION FRIDAY NIGHT. HAVE NUDGED ACCUMULATIONS SLIGHTLY UPWARDS BASED
ON NEW MODEL INFORMATION. BOUNDARY LAYER TEMPERATURES WILL BE
MARGINAL. A MIX OF SNOW...MIXED PRECIPITATION AND RAIN WILL
LIKELY KEEP ACCUMULATIONS DOWN ALONG THE COAST. HOWEVER...AREAS
JUST INLAND FROM THE SHORELINE HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PICK UP
SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOWFALL - ESPECIALLY THE CORRIDOR FROM LEWISTON
UP THROUGH AUGUSTA AND WATERVILLE. THIS IS A LOW CONFIDENCE
FORECAST...HOWEVER IF WET BULB READINGS GET ANY COOLER...SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS WILL NEED TO BE RAISED MORE. HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THIS
POTENTIAL IN THE LATEST HWO.
That was updated right after I posted. In any event, still rain with maybe some pingers for me as of right now.

Archived