joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uuugh. I wasn't expecting that model war to break out overnight. The euro vs the rgem and the rest basically. I want to believe the euro because it gives my area the most snow out of all the models but damn, i wish it had some support other than its ensembles. It pains me to have to toss it but thats what I'm leaning to. See what today brings 

Jeff you got no sleep!  

I'm excited at the possibility.  Its an all or nothing I think....if we get heavy precip we dynamically cool to paste.  If not, then its just light precip anyhow.  I wonder how the 6Z models trended.  Here is what I see on the 6Z GFS 925 temps:

KCON goes above 0 for 12-15 hours starting near midnight tonight

KLCI goes about for up to 12 hours

KLEW goes above for up to 3 hours

My weather will probably be closest to LCI

Jeff you got no sleep!

I'm excited at the possibility. Its an all or nothing I think....if we get heavy precip we dynamically cool to paste. If not, then its just light precip anyhow. I wonder how the 6Z models trended. Here is what I see on the 6Z GFS 925 temps:

hes old like us, pee at the right time when snow is near

Jeff you got no sleep!  

I'm excited at the possibility.  Its an all or nothing I think....if we get heavy precip we dynamically cool to paste.  If not, then its just light precip anyhow.  I wonder how the 6Z models trended.  Here is what I see on the 6Z GFS 925 temps:

I got some sleep mark, I just ended up waking up and took a look at the Euro around 2:00 am then made a couple postt and went back to bed, Riding the knife edge here at H925, Its not going to take more then a tic or two to overcome that warm layer, Looking at the 06z RGEM, It looked like it cooled from 0z as well as the GFS and Nam and has more snow over this area so that's a plus, We will see how this goes today, But i feel we may be able to overcome the warm layer

I got some sleep mark, I just ended up waking up and took a look at the Euro around 2:00 am then made a couple postt and went back to bed, Riding the knife edge here at H925, Its not going to take more then a tic or two to overcome that warm layer, Looking at the 06z RGEM, It looked like it cooled from 0z as well as the GFS and Nam and has more snow over this area so that's a plus, We will see how this goes today, But i feel we may be able to overcome the warm layer

Yes I often wake up in the middle of the night because of the baby or a bathroom run and get a quick update on the models. I think you'll do pretty well but today's runs will be interesting.

Yes I often wake up in the middle of the night because of the baby or a bathroom run and get a quick update on the models. I think you'll do pretty well but today's runs will be interesting.

Thanks, We shall see how it goes but i'm optimistic, If not tomorrow, Then maybe Monday when the ULL rolls thru here, Euro was bullish for that but that's for a another thread

Freeing rain is a bigger concern for my area than snow

This doesn't look like a big icing threat to me. Maybe marginal. You typically want to see cold in that 925-950mb layer to really worry about ice. Otherwise the cold layer is just too thin to do much damage. But certainly can't rule out some marginal accretion.

I got some sleep mark, I just ended uIp waking up and took a look at the Euro around 2:00 am then made a couple postt and went back to bed, Riding the knife edge here at H925, Its not going to take more then a tic or two to overcome that warm layer, Looking at the 06z RGEM, It looked like it cooled from 0z as well as the GFS and Nam and has more snow over this area so that's a plus, We will see how this goes today, But i feel we may be able to overcome the warm layer

I'm glad I managed to hold off the pee until 6am because the Euro would've kept me awake.  I think this is all about precip rates.  If the models trend toward heavier precip then we paste.  Later I will look at 925 temp trends on the GFS.

Ginxy 6 at LCI would probably be me.

Archived