12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the potential upside for anyone in SNE?

4-6" max?

I still think a messy rainstorm

Yeah if everything went right I could see a 6" spot...maybe even an 8" spot....but we're talking the extreme scenario of everything working out...a very quick flip to heavy wet snow and 1-2" per hour rates for several hours in the morning.  

I agree that a cold rainstorm with perhaps a bit of ZR to start in the interior and a few flakes to end it is the most likely outcome.

i just i dunno - experience certainly isn't infallible.    but i just get the feeling that's too warm.  (i don't know what the usual caveat emptors are with the hrrr)

Its at the end of its range....

sort of like using the NAM beyond 48 hours (or ever).

But figured I'd pass it along as its pretty easy to see what its showing in that radar prog.

What about 925 temps and what does negatively differential mean?

it means the top minus the sfc is a negative number - which means that the temperature is falling with altitude between the sfc and (in this case) the 800 mb level.   

as for the 925 ...that level is cooler than the sfc while being > than 800, so there is no layering there that is warm relative to above and below.  

taking all that into consideration; if a strong UVV max moves over while it is precipitating, that IS going to drill colder profiles into the lower levels.  in this case, it is < than 0C at 800 and barely warmer than 0C at 925 ... sorry, that's parachuting

I would say by 4 or sooner, Don't read to much into that, It's the HRRR at the end of its range, Not very skilled out this far

Yeah pretty much every guidance you post will vary right on that fine line between wet and white.  Basically if the overall feeling is it busts colder than most guidance you look at right now will not match that. 

I think most guidance is fairly similar...its just whether or not models are a tick too warm.  There are a lot of folks sitting at -1C to +2C across the center third of New England.  Never going to truly hash those details out until its actually happening.

it means the top minus the sfc is a negative number - which means that the temperature is falling with altitude between the sfc and (in this case) the 800 mb level.

as for the 925 ...that level is cooler than the sfc while being > than 800, so there is no layering there that is warm relative to above and below.

taking all that into consideration; if a strong UVV max moves over while it is precipitating, that IS going to drill colder profiles into the lower levels. in this case, it is < than 0C at 800 and barely warmer than 0C at 925 ... sorry, that's parachuting

Thanks.

taking all that into consideration; if a strong UVV max moves over while it is precipitating, that IS going to drill colder profiles into the lower levels.  in this case, it is < than 0C at 800 and barely warmer than 0C at 925 ... sorry, that's parachuting

I thought the soundings were a bit inverted tomorrow with the warmest level actually looking around 900mb above the CAD as that puke airmass from the primary moves in a little off the deck. 

I thought the soundings were a bit inverted tomorrow with the warmest level actually looking around 900mb above the CAD as that puke airmass from the primary moves in a little off the deck. 

there could be at 900 but that's too thin to compensate for a cold type cloud avalanche just above.

Yeah if everything went right I could see a 6" spot...maybe even an 8" spot....but we're talking the extreme scenario of everything working out...a very quick flip to heavy wet snow and 1-2" per hour rates for several hours in the morning.  

I agree that a cold rainstorm with perhaps a bit of ZR to start in the interior and a few flakes to end it is the most likely outcome.

It seems to me that the cold drain will be most significant through North Central MA rather than western areas.  I'd be more bullish on Hubby north rather than western areas.  The high terrain out west could do well, but with only meh elevation at the Pit I'm less enthusiastic for here than similar elevations in central MA.

ZFP from BOX:

his Afternoon
Partly sunny and not as cool. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.
Tonight
A chance of freezing rain and snow in the evening... Then snow and freezing rain after midnight. Snow accumulation around an inch. Ice accumulation around a trace. Not as cool. Near steady temperature around 30. North winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Saturday
Snow and rain in the morning. Total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 20s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.

Sunday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday Night And Martin Luther King Jr Day
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Cold. Lows 15 to 20. Highs in the mid 20s. 

GYX went Advisory for here, Still seems like some uncertainty

MEZ020-161030-ANDROSCOGGIN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LEWISTON...AUBURN...LIVERMORE FALLS326 PM EST FRI JAN 15 2016...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 6 PM ESTSATURDAY....TONIGHT...CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY...MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOWACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. LIGHT ANDVARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING NORTHEAST AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT..SATURDAY...SNOW OR SLEET. ADDITIONAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF3 TO 5 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT..SATURDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH SNOW LIKELY OR A CHANCE OF SLEET INTHE EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. TOTAL SNOWACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. LIGHTAND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

Archived