12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My max potential on the previous maps was only 3". Now my likely is 4-6"...

I'm not really feeling these min/likely/max maps so far...no offense to our NWS members here.

I've argued this for 2 winters now. The public doesn't understand probabilities, and they don't make sense. No-one cares about percentages

Issue a range and you're either right or wrong come verification.

I seriously may have picked the worst place to move to in Maine, Portland, lol. It's a beautiful little city on the Atlantic but man the mixing situations are constant so far. I guess this is what I get, for wanting to live on the ocean, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Don't worry, Portland does ok, just ask any of the residents about the past few years. Just hasn't worked out yet this year.

I've argued this for 2 winters now. The public doesn't understand probabilities, and they don't make sense. No-one cares about percentages

Issue a range and you're either right or wrong come verification.

He's arguing the logic on how the min/max/likely do not really line up and appear inconsistent. So far, those maps have been messy and inconsistent, so they aren't adding much.

The probabilities when presented logically are good tools to use because weenies like you don't pay attention to the bottom part of a range...4-8" means 8" to weenies.

Ranges are good, but only if they are actually taken to heart.

...4-8" means 8 - 50" to weenies.

mm hm

anyway, the 18z NAM crushes N ORH and western Middlesex Cos when analyzing the FRH grid (classically referred to the FOUS)

BOS:

18024989566 05913 900332 46050198 

24123968126 -2108 923124 40010098

- See more at: http://twister.sbs.ohio-state.edu/text/fous/FOUS61#sthash.1lfguear.dpuf

That's over Logan - imagine even half that QPF total out around FIT-ORH axis, with about half that T1 temperature of +5 followed by +1, and you are getting absolutely hammered given the fact that there is no intervening layer of warmth above that -2 C at 800 mb levels.  

That's a wow run.  a big juicy kielbasa 

He's arguing the logic on how the min/max/likely do not really line up and appear inconsistent. So far, those maps have been messy and inconsistent, so they aren't adding much.

The probabilities when presented logically are good tools to use because weenies like you don't pay attention to the bottom part of a range...4-8" means 8" to weenies.

Ranges are good, but only if they are actually taken to heart.

Yeah....I'm bringing up more the execution of the product rather than the product itself. If my likely this afternoon is 4-6" you would think my max potential this morning should've at least been 4-6"...not 2-3".

I guess you could argue those maps are the 10th and 90th percentiles and that this is the 95th percentile.

post-904-0-88173000-1452893683_thumb.jpg

I'm looking at several parameters...

1. not enough antecedent llv gradient to begin removing cold/evaporative cooling(ed) ... air mass that will condition colder upon the commencement of latter. 

2. dps in this region are 20 to 25 ... relating to 1.  

3. what llv gradient there is, will turn N and intensify draining as fairly rapidly deepening low pressure approaches from the south ...before ultimately missing E of eastern zones means zippo ability to scour out what is probably a poorly resolved lowest thickness interval CAD.  If the low went west and plowed up over the Berks...no problem! But given multi-guidance array of a track ideally situated SE, given these antecedent conditions i just don't see this going anywhere but down and frozen.  

4. this/that is augmented by the fact that every sigma level between 980 and 800 is progressively colder, with in particular the most recent run of the NAM showing the 900 mb level temp oover BOS is only +1 C!!! as the storm commences.   That +5 at the sfc when cat's paws get under way is going to get obliterated.  

5. typical rule of thumb...  for regions east of ALB and west of BOS ... take (ALB+BOS)QPF/2 ... if using the NAM that should price out to about .9" liq equiv around Orange Ma, with more going east.  

6. 24 hour leads on the NAM are not horrible; in fact, though even at this time range the NAM can run into problems, there are two sub-interests for me:

a, it tends to markedly improve from 24 inward

b, i saw the 12z Euro for 12z and it had the snow look on the synoptic charts all the way down to 

n ct.  usually when the NAM and Euro jump in the sack together ur safe. 

We'll see how it all works out... 

31.8F

We scared

lol

attachicon.gifwarn.jpg

1. not enough antecedent llv gradient to begin removing cold/evaporative cooling(ed) ... air mass that will condition colder upon the commencement of latter. 

3. what llv gradient there is, will turn N and intensify draining as fairly rapidly deepening low pressure approaches from the south ...before ultimately missing E of eastern zones means zippo ability to scour out what is probably a poorly resolved lowest thickness interval CAD.  If the low went west and plowed up over the Berks...no problem! But given multi-guidance array of a track ideally situated SE, given these antecedent conditions i just don't see this going anywhere but down and frozen.  

4. this/that is augmented by the fact that every sigma level between 980 and 800 is progressively colder, with in particular the most recent run of the NAM showing the 900 mb level temp oover BOS is only +1 C!!! as the storm commences.   That +5 at the sfc when cat's paws get under way is going to get obliterated.  

5. typical rule of thumb...  for regions east of ALB and west of BOS ... take (ALB+BOS)QPF/2 ... if using the NAM that should price out to about .9" liq equiv around Orange Ma, with more going east.  

6. 24 hour leads on the NAM are not horrible; in fact, though even at this time range the NAM can run into problems, there are two sub-interests for me:

b, i saw the 12z Euro for 12z and it had the snow look on the synoptic charts all the way down to 

no love for GC.....temp and qpf or just temps?

Like a monkfish on amarshall's boat.

#saveahorse

lol

I seriously may have picked the worst place to move to in Maine, Portland, lol. It's a beautiful little city on the Atlantic but man the mixing situations are constant so far. I guess this is what I get, for wanting to live on the ocean, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's a good spot most years.  If it makes you feel any better this winter sucks here in Concord NH area too and even Killington was only up to 18" as of a few days ago.

attachicon.gifwarn.jpg

I would extend that line to cover NW CT up to MPM area. And probably move it north of my area

Archived