• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

That's about as perfect a track as you want to see, If we had some blocking for this one and it was slower we would measure in feet.

Right now, Not a lot of support being this cold on other guidance, But I certainly don't mind it's the Euro that has this solution, EPS has been pretty steady for several runs now as well, We will see if others models start trending colder

EPS is pretty meaty with snowfall amounts, even close to the coast here at GYX.

Today especially we'll tickle into the range of the hi-res guidance, so that should be interesting.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EPS is pretty meaty with snowfall amounts, even close to the coast here at GYX.

Today especially we'll tickle into the range of the hi-res guidance, so that should be interesting.

It was a little troubling seeing the 0z RGEM being so warm right to the foothills, That was a pretty big ice signal, But it was still just getting in range so we will see what today brings as you say

Actually by the top of the hour we should have the NCAR ensemble in through at least the first part of the event.

I'm on my phone and am limited to the maps, I don't know how much access you have at the WFO on the Euro, But I think I remember when I was there with Ginx, Eck said it wasn't good, But am curios to what the Euro is seeing that the others are not for it to be cold upstairs

I'm on my phone and am limited to the maps, I don't know how much access you have at the WFO on the Euro, But I think I remember when I was there with Ginx, Eck said it wasn't good, But am curios to what the Euro is seeing that the others are not for it to be cold upstairs

Well we have far more access than the typical pay site, but for instance our "hi-res" version is 90 km despite the fact that the model is actually like 13 km.

Thinking the Coastal areas of Central to So. ME experience mainly Rain this time around somewhat similar to what just occurred with the last system!  Think I may have picked a not so good area to pick up substantial snows at least until Late Jan-Through February including March.  Still a long ways to go this season but its looking more and more likely that we don't even get to average this season up here, snowfall wise!  To be honest, I haven't got a clue but I think I should have moved a few yrs back as I would of experienced some incredible seasons.

Thinking the Coastal areas of Central to So. ME experience mainly Rain this time around somewhat similar to what just occurred with the last system!  Think I may have picked a not so good area to pick up substantial snows at least until Late Jan-Through February including March.  Still a long ways to go this season but its looking more and more likely that we don't even get to average this season up here, snowfall wise!  To be honest, I haven't got a clue but I think I should have moved a few yrs back as I would of experienced some incredible seasons.

It's probably pretty close to unavoidable that you mix at some point, but models are definitely showing a greater chance of sub-freezing surface temps.

No its defintely not that warm, so chances are increasing to see at least a majority of this system as frozen, so lets see what today's Hi Res models do with this system!

I would say frozen or freezing. Doesn't really look like a sleet system, with lower levels being the warmest versus near 700 mb.

I would post to show the comparison, but the European Centers are already touchy about the NWS using their data.

So I'll just have to describe instead. 12z Saturday the Euro is very much offshore with the 850 mb freezing line. The GFS is about 50 miles further NW. That's the difference we're talking about here, it's really less than a degree.

The Euro is definitely out there on its own, a good 3oC cooler than the NAM12, RGEM, or GFS at 925 along the coast up here.

One thing it may be on to is the dynamic cooling of the column as heavy precip moves in between 12 and 18z. ARW and NMM are warm at 12z, but show significant cooling at 925 by 18z.

Total snow from 00Z Euro. Coldest of all the models suites so far. Lets see if it sticks with todays 12Z suite! I for one am not in this camp especially due to my proximity to the immediate coastline which is 2 miles to my East!

Nice Jackson jackpot there and fun times for our Maine brethren.

No way I get the 4-6 it's peddling though.

The Euro is definitely out there on its own, a good 3oC cooler than the NAM12, RGEM, or GFS at 925 along the coast up here.

One thing it may be on to is the dynamic cooling of the column as heavy precip moves in between 12 and 18z. ARW and NMM are warm at 12z, but show significant cooling at 925 by 18z.

That's the layer that concerns me...H9-H92.

Ride that Euro horse to the coast, intense dynamic storm on the Euro 24 hrs out. I would definitely not discount it. Congrats

While I'm clueless about things all the time, the interaction of the two lows is really bewildering me.  While the high points in western MA may pick up a few inches, I'm thinking that central Mass--from Hubby north might score a coup and pick up a few inches.  Between those two areas and east of 190 gets the goose egg.

How much qpf is the Euro putting out? I'm hoping my glacier doesn't melt. Since it held out in last weekends warm rains, maybe I'll survive to keep my lawn icy for another week.

Our base here became Swiss cheese last weekend. It still had some coverage but this week's events have given us wintery appeal I will miss come the Patriots game

Wiz is calling for 1-3" of rain. I don't see that

Archived