joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why you just don't drive a few more hours and go to VA.

I mean i may, but also it looks like middle TN could get 6"+ and with that being so much closer its tempting just to go there. But I really would like to experience my first foot of snow. I guess if I'm going to travel I might as well go big right ?

I'm still hoping the NC mtns or foothills can get a foot out of this

Euro swung and missed on the last storm, gfs was pretty money. My hopes today have gone from through the roof to under the floorboards. 

Snowfallwise, that was the best GFS run for us yet, interestingly enough. The wraparound was gold.

Yeah, not sure what to think about this. Looked really good until today. I guess the south trend isn't going to happen, though. Euro looks better than the GFS, but sounds like more people believe the GFS. Almost ready to give up on this weekend. Just wish we can get something here soon. I am getting impatient. 

the next hour and a half is going to crawl

That's the worst thing about these storms bar none. It's 90 minutes until tangible results start to show up on the euro, and yet here I am, refreshing 3 different discussion threads and doing nothing else, even though I know no thought process will change until the euro comes out. I should probably cook lunch or something.

Haha. For the record, I never made it up the boat ramp.

Starting the trip straight from the dock hoping for southern trends is never a good situation when looking for snowstorms.

Yup. If the high starts showing up stronger, I'll be a little more bullish on a high impact winter event for many. We'll see.

Archived