joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the rule about storm threads? How far out does the threat have to be to start one?

Depends, about 120hrs if the signal is strong enough.  Thread starter most have MoJo on their side, and not lead with a crap post.

Edit: If this one has wings I would think a thread would be prudent in advance of the 12z runs tomorrow.  The "threat" "potential" tags are getting old though, please be original whomever decides to pull the trigger.

Depends, about 120hrs if the signal is strong enough. Thread starter most have MoJo on their side, and not lead with a crap post.

Edit: If this one has wings I would think a thread would be prudent in advance of the 12z runs tomorrow. The "threat" "potential" tags are getting old though, please be original whomever decides to pull the trigger.

Good to have you back. You should start it 2hen its right.

With so much agreement on a late week system I think a thread needs to be started

I was thinking same thing why someone hadn't started one being within 5 days. I started the mid week threat thread, so someone else can start one for late week.

No. You GA/SC cats have already started a useless clipper thread in which neither of you will see snow. Just like Friday's system. Stahhhhhp.

Just a few days ago The CFSv2 had a cold Feb. for South and Eastern US..... It's all over the place every week! 

Not really. It had around normal for the southern tier, but only for a few runs. It's been trending warmer every day. It did a great job with both December and January.

No. You GA/SC cats have already started a useless clipper thread in which neither of you will see snow. Just like Friday's system. Stahhhhhp.

You don't know that unless you God and I can assure you you're not!! That system is a "threat" to the NGA and upstate wether you think it is or not! If it gets close, then its a Threat!

If I have everyone's blessing and the trend south continues, I'll start a thread on Tuesday evening.

Maybe some of the good, outsider VA mojo will runneth over the borders into the "real" southeast. :)

lol starting a thread 2 days before the event is cutting it pretty close ( considering the event may start on Thurs in some areas)

Archived