joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKMET did a pretty okay/consistent job with the recent gulf low.  Weatherbell removed that experimental UKMET stuff from last year we had that went further out with precip etc. :(

Yeah, that was nice to have last year.  I was disappointed when I renewed this year and they did not have it back.  It took forever to come out (I think it took until 2 or 3 AM for the 00z run), but it was still nice to review.

Yeah, that was nice to have last year.  I was disappointed when I renewed this year and they did not have it back.  It took forever to come out (I think it took until 2 or 3 AM for the 00z run), but it was still nice to review.

To be fair.. it was in testing or something and it was supposed to not be shared at all.  Like worse than the Euro data... and people started posting it around for free...  he had a unique disclaimer to the UKMET experimental on not sharing it.. nobody I guess paid attention.

Not sure that is what happened, but I would not doubt it.  I would bet the UKMET guys were not happy to have their model look bad if it didn't do too well in that experimental phase to the general public.

For those around the Midlands of SC, I have added a new Winter weather chance signature to my profile/posts.  I base the % chance off of many factors including ensembles, operational runs, climo, and overall trends.

For my first, I have chosen 13% in the next 7 days just because of the potential big mid-atlantic storm taking shape on modeling.  It's on the lower side due to just a very slight chance of some wrap around moisture on the backside.. which is weighted on the few Southern ensemble member solutions. (doubtful basically)

I won't always explain the reasoning unless it goes past 50%.. and that will be briefly described in the signature next to the %.

If you aren't able to see the signature, it's because you are using a mobile device or have the mobile style activated for the board that disables signatures.

Props to WxWatcher007's despair index for the idea.

For those chasing, you might as well go all out and drive a couple more hours north to possibly see a historic snowfall.

DISC! C'mon now, you know this is going to be a major qpf producer for us. If you look at the 6Z GFS output, you and I both know that as the event draws nearer, qpf production will increase on the west side of the bombing low. As of right now it produced 1.25'' of liquid. That's a solid 14-18'' as of right now. 18Z para GFS had 3'' liquid specs around and over us.

DISC! C'mon now, you know this is going to be a major qpf producer for us. If you look at the 6Z GFS output, you and I both know that as the event draws nearer, qpf production will increase on the west side of the bombing low. As of right now it produced 1.25'' of liquid. That's a solid 14-18'' as of right now. 18Z para GFS had 3'' liquid specs around and over us.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt that this will have large amounts of QPF with it and I'm very comfortable with where we sit right now. I was speaking more in terms of a few of the folks here mentioning a chase to see some snow and the way I figure, a couple more hours of driving for some could land them in prime territory.

Archived