wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just thinking, seems like forever since we have had a hp trend in our favor as an event neared, which brings me a little pause with this system, but who knows, maybe we are due.  trends have been good so far.

All the modeling and ensembles aren't far off. :(  No crazy strong HP from what I can see... :(

I hate when Charlotte gets snow and CAE doesn't. Ridiculous.

It is what it is.  Columbia is always 5-10 degrees warmer than the I-85 corridor from Atlanta to Charlotte due to elevation and directly downwind from the highest mountains.  I'm honestly surprised it ever snows here.  This is the hottest place outside of the western deserts in the United States easily.

Also, the averages around here have been skewed with CAE always reporting 5 degrees warmer than every weather underground station within a 20 miles radius, yet nobody ever seems to question this.  So the models have taken this into account, when you look at an isotherm for the area, there is always a circle of warmth around Columbia.  I live about 15 miles from the airport and I am always 5 degrees cooler, just as every station that surrounds the airport is. 

It is what it is.  Columbia is always 5-10 degrees warmer than the I-85 corridor from Atlanta to Charlotte due to elevation and directly downwind from the highest mountains.  I'm honestly surprised it ever snows here.  This is the hottest place outside of the western deserts in the United States easily.

Also, the averages around here have been skewed with CAE always reporting 5 degrees warmer than every weather underground station within a 20 miles radius, yet nobody ever seems to question this.  So the models have taken this into account, when you look at an isotherm for the area, there is always a circle of warmth around Columbia.  I live about 15 miles from the airport and I am always 5 degrees cooler, just as every station that surrounds the airport is. 

I dislike those stoopid portals  :angry:

Making my first post after being registered for nearly 5 years. I guess this is where all the sc posters hang out.

:lol:   Welcome Brandonln

If you want to take a break for the models, this is interesting.

FiveThirtyEight@FiveThirtyEight 3m3 minutes ago

The @Panthers are now favorites to win the Super Bowl: http://53eig.ht/1MeNt66

Finally. I have envisioned the Panthers winning the Super Bowl and some media members and others saying they are still not sold on Carolina yet and they have major flaws. Imagine if New England was 15-1 and undefeated most of the year. There wouldn't be time for anything else on ESPN. Crazy bias.

Finally. I have envisioned the Panthers winning the Super Bowl and some media members and others saying they are still not sold on Carolina yet and they have major flaws. Imagine if New England was 15-1 and undefeated most of the year. There wouldn't be time for anything else on ESPN. Crazy bias.

"Worst 18-1 team of all time..."  I can hear it now. :lol:

Archived