January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) GFS = winter storm, ECWFMWFCF = rain

"The Euro isn't what it used to be. The GFS killed it with the last storm."

2) ECWFMWFCF = winter storm, GFS = rain

"The Euro is the king. The GFS solution is weird and trended to the Euro last time anyway. Plus it's the 18z or the 6z or the 0z or the 12z or the 280zx or...."

3) No models are showing a winter storm

"The models don't have a good handle on the pattern. Too many shortwaves in the flow. Models don't do well with extreme blocking. We'll wait till the next run."

Ha!  So true!

You're right, It'll all depend on where the transfer happens, JB might not know it all, but he's pretty good at picking out model errors and biases.... I hope like heck he's wrong, But you just can't ignore any solution!!! Including the 18

Z Goofy

Whenever models show a major storm with unreal amounts we generally get rain and mid Atlantic get it. It's the SE everything always has to be perfect. Time will tell in another day or two. We can go to DC to plow..

You're right, It'll all depend on where the transfer happens, JB might not know it all, but he's pretty good at picking out model errors and biases.... I hope like heck he's wrong, But you just can't ignore any solution!!! Including the 18Z Goofy

He was hugging the CMC just last week! He flip flops way too much and is devastated the NYC/BOS aren't getting crushed

Non-met lurker weenie de-lurking--

Coincidentally, one of my favorite podcasts, "Stuff You Missed in History Class" dropped an episode today about the blizzard of 1888, or rather the regions where it's known as the "Schoolhouse Blizzard".

http://www.missedinhistory.com/podcasts/the-schoolhouse-blizzard/

Since I'm one of those dorks hanging around hoping you guys say something that means it'll snow, my actual met/weather history knowledge is pretty slim (or, perhaps it's more accurate to say I grew up in Florida so I know my hurricane history, not my blizzard history). Anyway, this podcast is interesting (if tragic) and gives some decent laymen's info on how weather reporting got started in the U.S., and how it functioned during this event. Thought I'd share it for other possible lurkers. 

Re-lurk.

Your gonna get 1-2 inches Wednesday ! Button up and enjoy!

Oh really says who??

On another note, life is way too short to get your blood pressure up about the GoDmn weather.

Rest in peace brother, Glen Frey dead at 67.  Most of you probably don't even know who he was.  Because you sit in front of this computer night after night wondering if we are going to get a half inch of snow, really,, Take it to the limit.  Life is much more important than the weather.

Archived