wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Castleton solidly in the 18" hatch on the 12z ens mean. That is pretty sick, Feb 2010 in DC was the most snow I ever saw at one time, remember walking down CT Ave is waist high powder.

Castleton solidly in the 18" hatch on the 12z ens mean. That is pretty sick, Feb 2010 in DC was the most snow I ever saw at one time, remember walking down CT Ave is waist high powder.

I missed that one. There were still three ft. drifts in the pasture 2 weeks later. Not going to miss this one. Curious to see how the F250 will do on Chester's Gap. Making a gear list now.

I missed that one. There were still three ft. drifts in the pasture 2 weeks later. Not going to miss this one. Curious to see how the F250 will do on Chester's Gap. Making a gear list now.

Did you ever post any pics of the beast Fraz? I have a beast myself and making some tough decisions on tires / rims and lift. Tires and brakes are stock and time to be replaced. Its now or never.

Well GSP says all rain in the upstate except for a little snow at the very end. On to the next one for SC. I'd be willing to bet that by Thursday this storm is rain even for Boone and all the way to DC. The north trend starts tonight and will not reverse.

Actually agree. This setup is just odd, just don't see it as a winter precip maker for the piedmont. Piping hot warm nose with the the location of the low...

Actually agree. This setup is just odd, just don't see it as a winter precip maker for the piedmont. Piping hot warm nose with the the location of the low...

Never felt this one would be more than rain in SC. The options for a better southern track have just not been there save a few members to be honest.

1) GFS = winter storm, ECWFMWFCF = rain

"The Euro isn't what it used to be. The GFS killed it with the last storm."

2) ECWFMWFCF = winter storm, GFS = rain

"The Euro is the king. The GFS solution is weird and trended to the Euro last time anyway. Plus it's the 18z or the 6z or the 0z or the 12z or the 280zx or...."

3) No models are showing a winter storm

"The models don't have a good handle on the pattern. Too many shortwaves in the flow. Models don't do well with extreme blocking. We'll wait till the next run."

**Stupid system is not even on shore yet. Hard to sample** 

"The Euro is the king. The GFS solution is weird and trended to the Euro last time anyway. Plus it's the 18z or the 6z or the 0z or the 12z or the 280zx or...."

"The models don't have a good handle on the pattern. Too many shortwaves in the flow. Models don't do well with extreme blocking. We'll wait till the next run."

Yes, but euro xferred off SC not this ride up through NC off delmarva, correct?

You're right, It'll all depend on where the transfer happens, JB might not know it all, but he's pretty good at picking out model errors and biases.... I hope like heck he's wrong, But you just can't ignore any solution!!! Including the 18Z Goofy 

Yes, but euro xferred off SC not this ride up through NC off delmarva, correct?

Yup and whats interesting is that the HIgh to the North was 20mb stronger than the GFS. That's why it was colder. 

This has been the longest silence on the forum all day.

Thanks, 18z GFS.

And if the GFS is right that high isnt going to cut it with a CAD. When that low forms off the coast, the mid-atlantic will get a very harsh re-introduction to what a marine layer is. 

Lol. Exactly!!

Archived