• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

Using 13% (as opposed to 15%) does make your index sound a lot more scientific, as if there were actual numbers that you were calculating.

Eh, I hate the standard 10, 20, 30% stuff.  But the current weather does not even support 15.. in fact I'll probably recalculate it down to 8% or less later on... after euro ensembles run.

It really pisses me off when someone changes their name because they had a **** reputation on here.

At least you can only change once without having to make a new account.

I saw that this morning also. His first few words on his post was "MAJOR winter storm brewing" hahaha. 

That guy needs to have his FB page removed.

Why hasn't this been named yet? Wtf? 

I want the name "Winter Storm Hype"

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not feel like spending the next 96hrs removing WX bell Euro maps from the storm thread, or banter. Notice been giveth, they are no goes moving forward. Repeat offenders will be warned. Tracker stated such in the MA sub yesterday and that's what we are going to role with here for continuities sake. If a maps make its way out to the bookface or twitterverse, and you feel compelled to share, please just post the link as opposed to the actual graphic.

Official text about model sharing from Weatherbell!

Note: Any maps, images or charts from ECMWF (License)may never be posted or re-distributed (except for WMO-Essential). All other maps, images and charts from other models may be shared in moderation under the following conditions: The images may not be used for any commercial (revenue generating) purpose including, but not limited to, ad-supported websites or private consulting. Any images must be attributed to WeatherBell Analytics. If confused, ask Ryan. 

At this point even the Euro WMO-Essential should not be posted from Weatherbell.  It's going to get the forum and Ryan in trouble with Euro data basically free to everyone.  Weatherbell is not that expensive (lets keep it that way) and the local model center is cheap too.

I do not feel like spending the next 96hrs removing WX bell Euro maps from the storm thread, or banter. Notice been giveth, they are no goes moving forward. Repeat offenders will be warned. Tracker stated such in the MA sub yesterday and that's what we are going to role with here for continuities sake. If a maps make its way out to the bookface or twitterverse, and you feel compelled to share, please just post the link as opposed to the actual graphic.

Gotcha!

Is there any rule about posting products from the AmericanWx Model Site, by the way?

what "science" or meteorology says that today one can proclaim this weekends storm is NOT possibly a storm for the I20 areas?

I live near I-20 so I understand your frustration. Do like I do and chase the snow. I'll be in NC or TN Fri/sat. People in the upper south just don't understand the struggle we go through. It must be nice to not have to chase a snowstorm every winter.

i am not frustrated....at age 64 and with my health i dont want snow because i cant go out in it and i understand the hardships it places on others(2 years ago thousands had to abandon their cars on the interstates)....i just desire to see accurate info shared and proclaiming today there cant possibly be any wintry weather in the I20 corridor is irresponsible and FALSE.

I guess to keep the weenies at bay... the I-20 areas or whatever...

Lets not forget the ULL from November 1st last Winter was supposed to nail VA at one point.. and it took until 12 hours out to figure out it was going to drop snow in the deep south.

is that happening this time? Most likely not.

Archived