• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

lol starting a thread 2 days before the event is cutting it pretty close ( considering the event may start on Thurs in some areas)

But starting it 5 days out and having 4 days of bad model trends and being left with another banter thread is way more risky. ;)

I think 4-5 days is considered "medium range" and we have a thread for that. This threat is really all that's going to be discussed in that thread all week anyway.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yepp,farms waiting for another epic chase. It will be just us . The farmers daughter lives w us in Moncure now.

Hmm.  Maybe we better thnk again about chasing.  I pulled this from Facebook.  :)

When I see group photos of storm chasers at Chasercon or on their FB pages, I am immediately struck by how fat they are. Not all are fatties, but a lot are. Also, I'm not talking about just muffin topping, or a bit of a beer belly fat, I'm talking morbidly obese. And what is scary is a lot of these chasers are in their 20's and 30's, and way too young to be that fat. Not surprising though. Out of the 130 6th graders I teach, and these are 10, 11 and 12-year-olds, I'd say at least 20 weigh more than I do. So this obesity thing is a big problem among chasers, and a lot of it for us has to do with our lifestyle. When we are chasing we are sitting for longer hours than even the most sedentary desk jobs. We are not eating very healthy and at regular times. There is stress. There is little time for quality exercise. Then when we are not chasing, we are working and geeking out on our laptops, smart phones and tablets about the next storm system or the latest drama, when we could be using that time to get some much-needed exercise. We are also a troubled lot, with many of us suffering from depression, PTSD, relationship and financial issues that drive us to drink and even do illegal drugs. We also have the risk-taker gene in our bodies that also leads us down the road of self-destructive behavior. Chaser mortality in recent years has been due to causes not related to obesity. I fear with many of the early chasers getting up into their 50's, 60's and 70's, we are on the verge of seeing a lot of our chaser friends keeling over with heart attacks, strokes and complications from diabetes. Probably a few also in their 30's and 40's, if they don't change their ways. Hell, if I keeled over with a heart attack tonight, most would say, looks like those Big Macs and DQ Blizzards finally caught up with old Phelpsy. Just some tough love here my friends. Let's start working toward getting healthy in 2016. I want to be able to enjoy all of your awesome work for many, many, more years, so I want to be around longer, and I want you to be around longer for that to happen.

Hmm.  Maybe we better thnk again about chasing.  I pulled this from Facebook.  :)

StormScapeLIVE.TV

1 hr · Dallas, GA · 

When I see group photos of storm chasers at Chasercon or on their FB pages, I am immediately struck by how fat they are. Not all are fatties, but a lot are. Also, I'm not talking about just muffin topping, or a bit of a beer belly fat, I'm talking morbidly obese. And what is scary is a lot of these chasers are in their 20's and 30's, and way too young to be that fat. Not surprising though. Out of the 130 6th graders I teach, and these are 10, 11 and 12-year-olds, I'd say at least 20 weigh more than I do. So this obesity thing is a big problem among chasers, and a lot of it for us has to do with our lifestyle. When we are chasing we are sitting for longer hours than even the most sedentary desk jobs. We are not eating very healthy and at regular times. There is stress. There is little time for quality exercise. Then when we are not chasing, we are working and geeking out on our laptops, smart phones and tablets about the next storm system or the latest drama, when we could be using that time to get some much-needed exercise. We are also a troubled lot, with many of us suffering from depression, PTSD, relationship and financial issues that drive us to drink and even do illegal drugs. We also have the risk-taker gene in our bodies that also leads us down the road of self-destructive behavior. Chaser mortality in recent years has been due to causes not related to obesity. I fear with many of the early chasers getting up into their 50's, 60's and 70's, we are on the verge of seeing a lot of our chaser friends keeling over with heart attacks, strokes and complications from diabetes. Probably a few also in their 30's and 40's, if they don't change their ways. Hell, if I keeled over with a heart attack tonight, most would say, looks like those Big Macs and DQ Blizzards finally caught up with old Phelpsy. Just some tough love here my friends. Let's start working toward getting healthy in 2016. I want to be able to enjoy all of your awesome work for many, many, more years, so I want to be around longer, and I want you to be around longer for that to happen.

Thank god I'm not twentysomething. That would be depressing . Ma thread talking 2.1 qpf for Aaron mtn sir.

Yeah that system is done for us. Winter is I think too. I'm out.

If we were in the bulls-eye right now, people would complain. If the trend is on our side, people complain. What to do, what to do!

I couldn't be happier on where we're sitting in the SE right now... my spider senses are tingling for the first time this winter!

Everybody else is saying miller A, I'm good with that! If this ends up miller A, the MA meltdown , will be historic!

Yeah better maps will come out somewhere... but it looks like it might track through Southern/South Central SC but I can not be sure.  The 96-120hr jump... is like a blackout.. can't really see honestly.

Archived