joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nations Inn is ok too. Cheaper by about half.

lol I was also looking at that one and it looks like I would have easy access to go outside and check the weather. That's actually the hotel I was talking about.

It was a complete mistake for me to go on a snow chase yesterday. I was obviously desperate and not thinking clearly.

lol I was also looking at that one and it looks like I would have easy access to go outside and check the weather. That's actually the hotel I was talking about.

It was a complete mistake for me to go on a snow chase yesterday. I was obviously desperate and not thinking clearly.

You will learn, Cartopper. I was looking at the WPC day 1 and 2 prob maps for 4", and thinking where the hell is this guy going.

Just to make sure, is the time frame for the late week system Fri and Sat ? I'm not sure if I should book a hotel room for Thurs or wait until Fri.

You want to wait till the last possible minute. Folks tend not to over book motel rooms during a snow storm, so you should be able to find one on the fly.

You will learn, Cartopper. I was looking at the WPC day 1 and 2 prob maps for 4", and thinking where the hell is this guy going.

when it comes to snow sometimes I lose my mind and don't think clearly. I really really need to learn the art of patience. I looked like a complete idiot yesterday and I apologize to everyone. I will try to learn and make better decisions in the future.

You want to wait till the last possible minute. Folks tend not to over book motel rooms during a snow storm, so you should be able to find one on the fly.

I know its still days away, but I wasn't sure if the thinking right now is the snow would start on sat or on Fri. If it starts late Fri or Sat I would book it for Fri night. If it starts early Fri I would book it for Thurs night.

I know its still days away, but I wasn't sure if the thinking right now is the snow would start on sat or on Fri. If it starts late Fri or Sat I would book it for Fri night. If it starts early Fri I would book it for Thurs night.

Why would you commit to a specific location at this early stage? I would leave Friday morning and partially base where I ended up on the 12z runs that day. You want to be pulling in to your hotel, motel, B and B, whatever, as it is starting. If the last hour to your destination is in snow with the roads going downhill, that's usually a good thing too.

Why would you commit to a specific location at this early stage? I would leave Friday morning and partially base where I ended up on the 12z runs that day. You want to be pulling in to your hotel, motel, B and B, whatever, as it is starting. If the last hour to your destination is in snow with the roads going downhill, that's usually a good thing too.

I'm not going to commit to anything until wed. I was just wondering what the thinking was right now. If things start looking bad for NC I will look into KY and VA.

I guess I should have said that I won't commit to what area I'm going to until at least Wed. I would like to have an idea by wed about whether im going to northern Kentucky or va or nc

VA, north of 64 between 81 and 95, CHO usually does well with transfers off the VA Capes. Good thing is we have all east another 72 hrs for this to have a big wobble one way or another, heck, storms have been known to vanish too after being a stone cold lock in the 5-7 day

VA, north of 64 between 81 and 95, CHO usually does well with transfers off the VA Capes. Good thing is we have all east another 72 hrs for this to have a big wobble one way or another, heck, storms have been known to vanish too after being a stone cold lock in the 5-7 day

by Wednesday we should have a pretty decent idea right ?

Archived