joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This persistent summer pattern, with the jet stream up in Canada, is just awesome. Maybe this is the year we don't go below 25f in Raleugh for the winter!

If it stays 33 and above in Cary, I'll be happy. I'll just leave it at that.

Punting winter after Cohens latest thoughts!

2011/12 winter repeat coming! Wonder when / if Robert and JB will give up on their " record " winter talk!?

Warm and wet doesn't necessarily mean someplace in the southeast won't jackpot with a "record" snowfall   ;)   Winter hasn't even begun yet and everyone is already jumping   :lol:

EDIT: This is the Southeast after all and it doesn't take much for a "record" event around here  :P 

Punting winter after Cohens latest thoughts!

2011/12 winter repeat coming! Wonder when / if Robert and JB will give up on their " record " winter talk!?

I'm tiptoeing toward the cliff.  Dude doesn't even believe his own theories! Not full on walking to the cliff yet, but just eyeballing the path I may go come January.  :)

On a more positive note, I am trimming trees (outside) and my grass seed looks great. Amazing that even with the 2 freezes over the weekend it is still coming up. December is toast with butter. All I need is one big storm before the end of February. The sucky part about 2011 is that we ended up cool for a good portion of the spring. Boating weather was significantly delayed!

On a more positive note, I am trimming trees (outside) and my grass seed looks great. Amazing that even with the 2 freezes over the weekend it is still coming up. December is toast with butter. All I need is one big storm before the end of February. The sucky part about 2011 is that we ended up cool for a good portion of the spring. Boating weather was significantly delayed!

If you need some pre emergent , talk to Pack, or NRain! He's buying it constantly, so he's probably got some to spare! :)

Check this out, y'all! For the first time in almost 3 years, my wife was able to stand without assistance (yes, it was for a very limited time only) and do some Christmas decorating. No walker or rollator like last year, no wheelchair like 2 years ago. Just a ton of determination and 8 months of 2x/week neuromuscular reeducation and physical therapy. I'm so proud of the way she's been fighting.

post-658-0-08824900-1449539927_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-91782900-1449539965_thumb.jpg

Archived