• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

In 2007 in the first game of the season, FCS #1 App State beat FBS #5 Michigan in one of the biggest upsets in college football history. If UNC beats clemson, though the odds are heavily favored for clemson, it still won't be anywhere near the upset that app had over michigan. The only reason I bring the App game up is just for the fact that if they can beat Michigan, UNC can beat Clemson.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2007 in the first game of the season, FCS #1 App State beat FBS #5 Michigan in one of the biggest upsets in college football history. If UNC beats clemson, though the odds are heavily favored for clemson, it still won't be anywhere near the upset that app had over michigan. The only reason I bring the App game up is just for the fact that if they can beat Michigan, UNC can beat Clemson.

Next season APP's first game is once again at the Big House where Harbaugh will deliver some payback for 07.

The Heels haven't played a single top 25 team all season.  That does not bode well for their chances. The phrase, "delusions of grandeur" comes to mind.

I'm hoping Clemson wins, but I'm worried about this game. The Tar Heels have a great chance to win it. Clemson seems to have lost a step or 2 since playing FSU, especially on defense. I'd say UNC can get 40+ on them tonight.

App plays Tennessee first... the only other big game is against the U,

I know at one time they had Michigan scheduled for the opener in 16. Someone must have thought about it.

EDIT: Here is a very interesting article about it.  I must have had my years messed.  there have been so damn many.  lol

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/08/michigan_appalachian_state_2014_why_did_the_wolverines_schedule_a_rematch.html

The Horror II: The Return of Appalachian State

Why did Michigan schedule a rematch of the most embarrassing defeat in college football history?

Tar Heels need to beat Clemson and hope that Stanford loses for a shot in the top 4 IMO. I think Stanford would get in over UNC despite having 2 losses. I can't see Ohio State being in the top 4 since they didn't win their conference.

UNC doesn't have a chance for playoffs. Fivethirtyeight's odds are basically 3 teams need to lose in order for UNC to get in. No chance.

UNC doesn't have a chance for playoffs. Fivethirtyeight's odds are basically 3 teams need to lose in order for UNC to get in. No chance.

Clemsux had about a 4 minute self destruct session there, and it was hilarious to watch! The punter will have along walk home down I-85!

Edit : gameover! Tarheels suck

Offsides my a$$! Refs are invited to the pizza party!

Go Tigers!!!  GG by the heels.  No idea what that offsides call was by the ref, but we've had mystery calls go the other way in the past that have cost us games.  Rule #1 with ACC refs is never put the game within the refs reach.  I was ready to go down and slap some sense into our punter after that fake, but Dabo took care of it for me lol.

I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction of a record breaking ice storm New Years Eve that will knock out power all over the Upstate.  :)  The one night I will be pulling against a winter storm lol.

Archived