12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad there's no correlation between winter and the price of crude oil ...

t.png

Sure there is! I can now afford to chase snow! I can drive to Asheville , nevermind! I can drive to WV, nevermind ! I can drive to NY, nevermind ! I can drive to ME, nevermind! Snow just doesn't /won't exist on the eastern seaboard this year!?

Sure there is! I can now afford to chase snow! I can drive to Asheville , nevermind! I can drive to WV, nevermind ! I can drive to NY, nevermind ! I can drive to ME, nevermind! Snow just doesn't /won't exist on the eastern seaboard this year!?

No need for you to drive to Gainesville .....

Too bad there's no correlation between winter and the price of crude oil ...

t.png

Lol and it ain't done. 50% chance it hits 30 and if it breaks 30 50% chance it hits 20. In other words 25% chance it hits 20. Gas ain't come down that fast though bc refiners are exporting gas diesel and lightly refined crude. RBOB was actually up most of today.

Lol and it ain't done. 50% chance it hits 30 and if it breaks 30 50% chance it hits 20. In other words 25% chance it hits 20. Gas ain't come down that fast though bc refiners are exporting gas diesel and lightly refined crude. RBOB was actually up most of today.

If it gets to $30 someone down the street will still profit. But that's really OK (actually my local gas guy gets more on the margin the lower the price goes - Mr. Patel is happy) - just filled up at under $2 for the first time in a 1/3 of lifetime (or so it seems) ....

:axe:

NCEP GEFS ensembles are not singing Bing Crosby's tune. More like Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire Christmas Day:

I was about to mention that the ensembles have trended warm again in the long range again. This time maybe even stronger.I hoping this is a rubber band effect, where It's extremely warm then extremely cold. Not looking that way. Flowers are starting to bud.

Looks like most ski resorts are closed as of now. I feel sorry for them. :( It does appear that the blue ridge is still open though!  

I was about to mention that the ensembles have trended warm again in the long range again. This time maybe even stronger.I hoping this is a rubber band effect, where It's extremely warm then extremely cold. Not looking that way. Flowers are starting to bud.

Looks like most ski resorts are closed as of now. I feel sorry for them. :( It does appear that the blue ridge is still open though!  

In reply to the bolded -

I've lived in the same house for 37 years.

I have a native wild plum. She's never, ever, ever, ever bloomed before the last freeze - sometimes late January, sometimes late March. The thing is in full bloom right now .... 

Edit - went back and checked my records - there was an April with a freeze and it had not bloomed before then, either .....

In regards to plants and foliage, I have deciduous shrubs that should be or went dormant , after the one or two days we hit the 20s. They lost all their leaves, now they are putting out new leaves! These poor plants think winters over and it hasn't even or may never start!? I hope we torch the rest of the winter like the models are showing, because I may be able to harvest my first ever March tomatoes! ! Sad but true ! :(

Archived