Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol OMG

Dude you are getting destroyed here lol.

Week 1 BN a day 10 -11 EC snowstorm followed by 2 weeks of an arctic cold shot.

You have been thoroughly embarrassingly wrong.

You don't know what you are looking at.

Oh it already happened, sorry I didn't know we were into the 3rd week of January. Banter thread or not, your vapid attacks on anyone and everyone who does not agree with your warped views is beyond tiring. This is a weather board to discuss weather and opinions. Not to be in lock step with whatever you say. Your ego is the size of our national debt and you act as if you are an all knowing God that controls the weather and makes it do as you say. The moderators need to smack you down, you are doing this crap in other threads as well and it's completely and totally out of control.

In regards to 2 consecutive runs showing the mean trof centered over the Plains with a deep ull sitting and spinning over the GL? Im reading it as a severe arctic outbreak over the Northen Plains/GL essentially keeping the East on the lee side of the trof. Adjust this to the East a bit, which probably would happen post 240, and we would be in a better position at that time. Verbatim though, the OP Euro looks like it is containing the bitter cold and snow to the N Plains/GL region no?

That's a deep NEG at 500 mb - 25c air at 850 coming down the plains into the NE which is what come crashing into that surface feature coming out of the Gulf under a horseshoe block.

You should take a picture of that. SOMEONE on the EC will get a snowstorm.

Then the vortex follows In and it's a widespread cold.

Put each other on ignore.

Oh no way. I need to read how after calling for a torched /snowless/98 winter .

How this pattern was not changing In Jan now claiming he's getting the pattern right in the face of what's unfolding.

No shot it's classic satire. He stays.

That's a deep NEG at 500 mb - 25c air at 850 coming down the plains into the NE which is what come crashing into that surface feature coming out of the Gulf under a horseshoe block.

I agree with this but my point was the Euro doesnt go out that far to know for 100% certain that it would play out as you suggest post 240. We've been burned with ull sitting in that spot and maintaining a GL surface low too many times in the past to suggest this look is a guaranteed coastal snowstorm in the big cities.

EPS is a better signal, more along the lines of what one would like to see if hunting for a MA/Philly/NYC snow event Jan 11-13 range. Makes me feel a little more confident for now.

I found this on Wikipedia regarding the 2006 blizzard:

"The extreme intensification was partially the result of a fairly mild winter that kept water temperatures in the Atlantic a few degrees warmer than they normally are in February. The storm system's intensity led to snowfall accumulations upwards of 32 inches (81.3 cm) in some localities"

I agree with this but my point was the Euro doesnt go out that far to know for 100% certain that it would play out as you suggest post 240. We've been burned with ull sitting in that spot and maintaining a GL surface low too many times in the past to suggest this look is a guaranteed coastal snowstorm in the big cities.

Why are you using the euro op past day 5 to iron out details? It's going to change run to run...use the ensembles at this point in time...

Archived