Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your eyes don't deceive you animal. By mid month we are going to slip back into a very zonal flow and mild weather for a couple of weeks. No high latitude blocking and the western ridge keeps getting flatter

This guy right here.... You may want to take a look at the ensembles especially the EPS can't argue against that

I just don't see it.

GFS show chilly weather in January for 10 days. dry with some rain or snow.

10 days in and back to a mild el nino push

Yep, take the op runs when they usually struggle during pattern changes. Good choice.

Your eyes don't deceive you animal. By mid month we are going to slip back into a very zonal flow and mild weather for a couple of weeks. No high latitude blocking and the western ridge keeps getting flatter

Your eyes must be deceiving you.

Many warmies like yourself are just trolling at this point if they choose to ignore what's happening in front of them. I see an extremely active, amplified pattern unfolding.

That storm on the 8th is no joke and while it may not be a "frozen" event, it still looks very significant and may play a role in the pattern afterwards.

Many warmies like yourself are just trolling at this point if they choose to ignore what's happening in front of them. I see an extremely active, amplified pattern unfolding.

That storm on the 8th is no joke and while it may not be a "frozen" event, it still looks very significant and may play a role in the pattern afterwards.

Great post. That storm may play a role in the next possible storm ( Jan 11-12 ) . Ensembles have a colder look to the Jan 11-12 storm than the op.

..seems to be some wavering lately in re: to the change going forward..

my question..where is the cold air?..i checked fairbanks alaska..nothing

really cold..temps 30's by day..20's at nite..isn't that our source region?

Not our source region.  There are mountains b/w us and Fairbanks.  Think more Yellowknife / Saskatoon for the big, eastern 2/3rds of the US style Arctic outbreaks, and this time of year you can be cold enough to snow (i.e., full-sun highs in the mid/upper 30s) with modified stuff from eastern Canada that gets dumped directly into the NE

Enjoying 60s down in VA. Get out more.

If you are going to jump in here and criticize the Jan 2 - 6 forecast , which is turning out better than the original idea be civil enough to jump back and say , that looks like a good call . 

Archived