• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

That mid-month period looks like it's got the best potential (to me, anyway) right now, should this block be believed on modeling. 

Meanwhile, the undercut out west continues to support the idea of largely above normal temperatures locally for a good chunk of early Jan (absent a transient cool shot this weekend, though even that is rolling in warmer).  Also of note...So Cal likely to finally get soaked.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That mid-month period looks like it's got the best potential (to me, anyway) right now, should this block be believed on modeling. 

Meanwhile, the undercut out west continues to support the idea of largely above normal temperatures locally for a good chunk of early Jan (absent a transient cool shot this weekend, though even that is rolling in warmer).  Also of note...So Cal likely to finally get soaked.

A lot of the "cold air"  early on is used/stale cold air, but at least we are seeing the pattern flip.

A lot of the "cold air"  early on is used/stale cold air, but at least we are seeing the pattern flip.

Correct, in the mid-range.   But I've been preaching patience on the early Jan portion of this (first 10 days), and still think that holds.  Best colder opportunities (on a normal, more sustained basis) right now are later on...mid-month or later.  The consensus on this block is clear and it should deliver a legitimate colder period.

There was a post about a week back where a certain poster said the the pattern looked terrible after the 10th 

ITS GONE/ERASED

It was by someone who has posted here for a long time . Imagine opining such terrible analysis but then to go back and erase your post.

WOW what an image conscious weakling .

Beware , I REMEMBER ALL . 

There was a post about a week back where a certain poster said the the pattern looked terrible after the 10th 

ITS GONE/ERASED

It was by someone who has posted here for a long time . Imagine opining such terrible analysis but then to go back and erase your post.

WOW what an image conscious weakling .

Beware , I REMEMBER ALL . 

he's nowhere to be seen....

Euro Ensemble with an...interesting...run.  Kicks out the main piece of the PV and shoots it over to Europe.  East torches late next week with significant undercutting out west.  Most of the east is well above normal with not much cold air available at the surface.

Fun times ahead.  I still don't like early Jan outside of a transient cool shot.  Blocking definitely in play, likely goes colder mid-month.  But this introduces some cold air supply questions here.  Trend to watch.

Advice.  Get Drunk in two days and do not wake up till April 01.  It will still be above normal, but you will be able to shake the hangover at the beach.   CPC has no pattern change till November.

Then I must trust a 348hr  GEFS  anomaly map???

didn't see that post get knocked up!!!!   :bag:

Man, impressive warm changes in the 11-15 day on the Euro Ens.  Lots of model volatility over the past 24 hours. Still has a cold look day 15, but much warmer out ahead of it.

Day 1 - 6 are N to BN and 7- 11 are A  (it is transient ) . Do you want to venture as to why day 12 has a plus 1 anomaly at 5000 feet ( -5 is the actual temp ) and why would that mean BN if the ensembles are right ?

The Euro thinks there`s a SNOWSTORM going off on the EC day 12- 13 .

Its not warm under sunny skies and bare grounds , the ensembles lower pressure up and down the coast . So - 5 @ 850 is not close to AN .

So it prob snows and then the Vortex  collapses in . The warmth is transient 5 days in the heart of this pattern change .

Archived