Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's if it actually comes. This Nino seems very resilient with WWBs lasting longer than they normally do.

Eastern region is cooling off very quickly. I think we're going to see the west region cool off because it looks like the cool subsurface water is starting to rise up. But the eastern subsurface warm pool also restrengthened, which is interesting. 

yP7YT3W.gif

Blowtorch moving in this week..i think the GFS a couple weeks ago suggested 50F here?  Well.>Friday looks to be 50F...  and 80F out in the plains...

Euro has been consistently bringing mid to upper 50s into southeast Iowa Friday morning.  Last night's run keeps 50s going Saturday as well as there is no cold advection behind the front.  It's that time of year when we start to see an occasional plains torch that bleeds up into the lakes region.

Euro has been consistently bringing mid to upper 50s into southeast Iowa Friday morning.  Last night's run keeps 50s going Saturday as well as there is no cold advection behind the front.  It's that time of year when we start to see an occasional plains torch that bleeds up into the lakes region.

Yeah it's gonna be nice.  With mid 30s tomorrow and Wed we'll likely be mostly bare by Thursday.  Should be able to warm up unimpeded beyond that.  You can bet that southwest IA will tag 70 Thursday.  I'm hoping we can somehow make 60 on Friday, but anything above 50 is gonna feel awesome after the recent arctic blast.

I'll set the over/under for Shenandoah Iowa for 71 on Thursday.

Looks like the streak of historic February's will end this year. Also above average temps starting Thursday,(lower 60s, upper 50s)we will probably finish February above average temperature wise.

Still above normal here although today will probably put us at normal for the month, with the warmth coming this week we will be back above normal for the month maybe for the rest of the way.

The rest of Feb looks like pure trash for snow, so I guess it's time to embrace spring.  Now that we've gone through a piss-poor winter it's kind of rewarding knowing we've done our time.  Another winter like this should likely be a decade or more away.  We've paid the penance for our riches in the latter 2000 winters.  Snow in March can be entertaining if it's heavy, but it's just not as fun as it would be during the winter as you know it won't stick around long anyways.  The warmth later this week will be nice to be sure.  

Bring on severe weather and chase season.  :guitar:

The rest of Feb looks like pure trash for snow, so I guess it's time to embrace spring.  Now that we've gone through a piss-poor winter it's kind of rewarding knowing we've done our time.  Another winter like this should likely be a decade or more away.  We've paid the penance for our riches in the latter 2000 winters.  Snow in March can be entertaining if it's heavy, but it's just not as fun as it would be during the winter as you know it won't stick around long anyways.  The warmth later this week will be nice to be sure.  

:yikes: famous last words.  Who exactly is controlling the justice system in weather world?   I'd like to know so I can submit my bribe, (or blackmail).

We said the same thing after 11-12.... :axe::facepalm::thumbsdown::gun_bandana:

Archived