joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS should be east by a fair margin. Spin the wheel of misfortune with these models this far out.

the difference from the previous run is just stupid ridiculous.   The storm it was bringing up to cincy at 06z is now completely gone...and instead there is a front runner and weak follower.   We literally go from driving rain to no precip  :lmao: .     These are all developments inside of 96 hours too.

the difference from the previous run is just stupid ridiculous. The storm it was bringing up to cincy at 06z is now completely gone...and instead there is a front runner and weak follower. We literally go from driving rain to no precip :lmao: . These are all developments inside of 96 hours too.

Yeah this is why I said the models will struggle for several days. It's going to bounce back and forth on whether or not to phase the two pieces together or eject week garbage

Longer range GFS looks pretty encouraging for snowfall.  At least it's something to look at on the models to take the mind off the storm coming in Wednesday.  

This is the time of the year when you can start to feel schizophrenic.  Sometimes you want to just say screw winter and hope for a warmer pattern.  Then comes along a pattern that could support a decent late-season snowstorm, and you're like bring it.  The mind can change back and forth pretty quickly this time of year, at least for me.

00z GFS, 150 hours. DTW is at the sleet/freezing rain transition, with an 1000mb low near Fort Wayne. Ahhh, good times. Probably won't verify in that exact way. The last 4 runs of the GFS have definitely shown -something nasty- in this time frame for the lower Great Lakes. The question is, how will it trend in the next 150 hours? Only time will tell.

This winter wants to suck me back in by tempting me with this

Zq7whReh.jpg

Good Lord, that's a lot of snow!

Towards Cyclone's post - if it would have stayed warmer longer I would have probably flipped to spring mode, but it didn't. With the prospects of a couple snowfalls in the next 10 days, I am firmly in winter mode still.

Good Lord, that's a lot of snow!

Towards Cyclone's post - if it would have stayed warmer longer I would have probably flipped to spring mode, but it didn't. With the prospects of a couple snowfalls in the next 10 days, I am firmly in winter mode still.

I'm ready for Spring but can't give up on winter either... especially up here. 

My main reason is I have a long list of projects that can't be done with 35" of snow on the ground..

Well it did come in form of three storms so there is a bit of margin for error, of course I am not buying 40" of snow in 16 days, this isn't Boston.

I will say the storm around 150 hrs is looking impressive for you and that's a reasonable range so good luck.That is definitely not far fetched to see a footer storm modeled decent in that time frame.

I'm ready for spring as well, have some big plans Spring/Summer and it would be a huge help to get an "early" start for us up here. With that being said there is still a lot of cold air in Canada and pieces look to still head down over the next two weeks which I am not too surprised given its still Feb. Also given the Lakes are still wide open, LES could occur anytime which normally by Mid-March isn't a problem for my area.

All apsects of weather continue (for those of us excluded from the current event) to remain locked in a very benign stretch through the first week or two of March.  Other than the wind event last week this has been a god awful month of weather for the enthusiast in this area.  Just wish we could fast forward to April, or better yet May and June.

All apsects of weather continue (for those of us excluded from the current event) to remain locked in a very benign stretch through the first week or two of March. Other than the wind event last week this has been a god awful month of weather for the enthusiast in this area. Just wish we could fast forward to April, or better yet May and June.

Yep, brutal to watch this storm be so close yet so far away. Doing a bit better than you this season, but not by much.

Yep, brutal to watch this storm be so close yet so far away. Doing a bit better than you this season, but not by much.

Here's to an active spring/summer severe season, and hopefully better results for us next winter whether it's a nino/nina/ or whatever.  We've hit rock bottom, so no matter what it cannot be any worse.   :drunk:

Archived