SUMMARY OF 800 PM EDT...0000 UTC...INFORMATION

----------------------------------------------

LOCATION...22.9N 74.5W

ABOUT 25 MI...45 KM ESE OF CLARENCE TOWN LONG ISLAND BAHAMAS

ABOUT 75 MI...120 KM S OF SAN SALVADOR BAHAMAS

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...WSW OR 250 DEGREES AT 5 MPH...7 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...931 MB...27.49 INCHES

Why do I have a sinking feeling that this isnt over by a longshot? Can we agree that we are in uncharted territory as far as model complexity on an east coast storm? And the conditions around Joaquin are changing as well as he just sits there and destroys a perfectly good vacation spot. 24 more hours and this ULL is going to be a lesser influence in the model runs and some other pop up feature stands a reasonable chance of adjusting the forecast track.

This is about as crazy as it gets folks. A near Cat5 storm parked 100 miles off the coast of Miami and no one is to be concerned?? So bizarre.

Why do I have a sinking feeling that this isnt over by a longshot? Can we agree that we are in uncharted territory as far as model complexity on an east coast storm? And the conditions around Joaquin are changing as well as he just sits there and destroys a perfectly good vacation spot. 24 more hours and this ULL is going to be a lesser influence in the model runs and some other pop up feature stands a reasonable chance of adjusting the forecast track.

This is about as crazy as it gets folks. A near Cat5 storm parked 100 miles off the coast of Miami and no one is to be concerned?? So bizarre.

The Euro, man.

It is a rather fluid situation and the consensus may be OTS but for people like many of us the ramifications of the models being wrong and this doing the NC option is pretty serious. Typically WNW turning storms tend to hold up better and we could easily be dealing with strong Cat 2 to a high end 3 if for whatever reason the storms end up going to NC...and its easy to say meh the Euro is king blah blah blah but if its wrong.............what really sucks is if it does trend back west we wasted a day or so thinking its going OTS and I would think unless all the models have major jumps west the return to a landfall solution will be gradual and wont leave much time...

^ West trend?! :)

Also, thanks for the sat loop, Jon. We'll see if it continues or takes another south jog.

Yeah it did...check the link, it just updated after I posted it haha....goes right between the islands and turns west again it appears. Maybe NW next

Katrina forecast 72 hours out...just saying. Big canes are notoriously hard to model.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005/graphics/AT12/13.AL1205W.GIF

Basically, that is why I'm not committing to any specific model/solution yet. Still way too unpredictable this far out, especially with how some models have performed this year.

Katrina forecast 72 hours out...just saying. Big canes are notoriously hard to model.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005/graphics/AT12/13.AL1205W.GIF

And that's why it's always a good idea not to jump on one or two model or ensemble runs that are abruptly different from previous ones. Keeping an open mind for multiple scenerios is necessary during a fluid setup like this. I did not and still am not ruling out a Carolina landfall..

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Archived