joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Joaquin 2015

Solak

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First peek at the Bahamas ground conditions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cak3aSSLY4w&app=desktop

That looks very intense. A lot of people didn't evacuate when it turns out they should have... This is because Joaquin went farther west than forecast. I would hate to be on Crooked Island right now. They've had hurricane strength winds, heavy rain, and storm surge since around noon hour with no breaks.

Sent from my XT1563

First peek at the Bahamas ground conditions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cak3aSSLY4w&app=desktop

That was uploaded 10 hours ago so that footage must have been from before the eyewall was near/over that island as that same individual posted a video from the Turks and Caicos just an hour ago. I can't imagine him being able to do that if they had not got out of there.

Hour 45 is interesting.  See where she goes.

Edit: looking like an escape.

it looks close at 57, a lot of interaction but it may be too far north, probably going to get punted.

edit: 60hrs it's gone.

I dont care what is happening at 60 hours if the situation at 24 hours is evolving. Joaquin is still not aligned with the models and is consistently sw of forecasts run after run. 24 more hours of this and we may see the energy to the east weaken just enough to let Joaquin slip west for good. He's a stubborn one for sure.

Actually this run is way further west afte 60 hrs and this is actually quite a west jump overall for the GFS it might actually hit Cape Cod or the Maritimes.....

yeah close call for Cape Cod...wow the GFS won't leave us alone. It looked like it was OTS for sure, guess the increased interaction just turned it gliding along the east coast. I'm interested to see the 0z ens for sure.

11pm update shows 3mph movement due west. So 12 more hours and it will roughly be 50 miles further wsw. If that holds true he will hit FL with storm conditions, landfall or not.

It should start a NNE jog in 9 hours 

Archived