joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, one thing I thought about..maybe a week ago was if the ensembles were too broad and zonal. What I mean is that the op runs were somewhat more amplified (more than normal) with both warm and cool shots compared to the models. I wonder if the ensembles have too much spread to really see these 1-2 day warm and cool spells. It's pretty obvious that the ensembles are too flat. Next week is a classic example. The ensembles even a 2 days ago had no trough. Now they do.

Yup...thought that this morning too. I actually came into this thread looking to post about that scooter sneaker on the LR euro. As long as there's a hint of the ridge axis being centered over the northern plains I think we'll be prone to these alternating warm ups and cP highs.

Looks like more sneaky highs next week too. Scooter HP FTW.

Let that be a trend for the winter.  I am enjoying the fall appeal this morning.  a dark cool and cloudy morn with sprinkles.  A few more warm sunny day would be nice in the next couple of weeks but it is time to step down given that the tomatoes are finished.

Yup...thought that this morning too. I actually came into this thread looking to post about that scooter sneaker on the LR euro. As long as there's a hint of the ridge axis being centered over the northern plains I think we'll be prone to these alternating warm ups and cP highs.

Yep, Scooter highs fooking up all long range calls in the northeast.

Growing season continues.

Not on the peaks of Tolland, where the unabated sun scorches the unprotected earth to a crispy sea of browns and yellows.

Of course, in March the leafless branches of the surrounding forest become an impenetrable blanket of shade that contributes to the snow pack retention magic of the mountain.

Yesterday's 65/32 was -6 for the date, the first real BN day this month.  (9/12 shows -0.2F, but given my "live" avg, a cool spell next Sept could push the avg down more than 0.2.)  Month is +5.1 thru yest, would need to run about +3.5 rest of the month to eclipse 1999 as my warmest Sept here.  I think we fall a bit short, but this year is certainly a contender.  Precip is about half the avg and I expect little or none before 10/1. 

A whopping 0.16" of QPF for GYX through 240 hours on the Euro EPS. GEFS at least dump 0.90" after 204 hours, but again that's after 204 hours and doesn't leave me with a whole lot of stimulating work today.

Hands down the most boring 4 month period of weather I recall. Just pure boredom. Left to get excited about a night in the 40's in September

Archived