joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely brutal next 30-45 days..never freaking ending

Michael Ventrice ‏@MJVentrice  1h

ECMWF EPS showing blood reds for the medium-range U.S. forecast. At this rate, Fall weather will be seen in November

CPQ8Jd1WsAACptr.png
CPQ8Jc7WwAAJPxQ.png

Only locations to see well above average precipitation over the next 2 weeks: Coastal Northwest and SoCal/Southwest

CPQ8xs0WsAEz0pl.png

Absolutely brutal next 30-45 days..never freaking ending

Michael Ventrice ‏@MJVentrice  1h

ECMWF EPS showing blood reds for the medium-range U.S. forecast. At this rate, Fall weather will be seen in November

CPQ8Jd1WsAACptr.png
CPQ8Jc7WwAAJPxQ.png

Only locations to see well above average precipitation over the next 2 weeks: Coastal Northwest and SoCal/Southwest

CPQ8xs0WsAEz0pl.png

looks like last Oct, that was an awesome month, good news. Noticed the Euro has NE normal to BN 6-10, lots of east flow will keep us near normal.

Hey-yo first mention of 30s in the zone forecast just showed up on Sunday night. Must be trending colder or something.

Sunday Night...Clear. Patchy dense fog. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Congrats.  Footsies will be coming out soon.

My ZFP  is saying 'near 40'.  For a Pit overnight low, that will translate to 49.2

Box has me in the mid 40s.  My average date for my first 30s is 9/15 so we are running behind here.  I don't know if I'll hit it, but it could be close.

foliage is behind schedule, the mtns need 30's and 40's to things started...still waiting...

Still setting or tying record highs up here yesterday. Foliage is definitely lacking right now from this unmitigated blow torch of a September:

Classic thermodynamics at play...take the summit temp and add 15 degrees to get the temperatures in the valleys.

Statement as of 5:18 PM EDT on September 19, 2015

... Record high temperature tied at Burlington VT...

... Record high temperature tied at Mount Mansfield VT...

A record high temperature of 85 degrees was set at Burlington VT

today. This ties the old record of 85 set in 1946.

A record high temperature of 70 degrees was set at Mount Mansfield VT

today. This ties the old record of 70 set in 1968 and 1955.

Days and days of swamp azz finally over..... ALY putting out my first frost advisory of the season...

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALBANY NY

NYZ032-033-042-043-083-084-VTZ013-014-211100-
NORTHERN HERKIMER-HAMILTON-NORTHERN WARREN-NORTHERN WASHINGTON-
SOUTHEAST WARREN-SOUTHERN WASHINGTON-BENNINGTON-WESTERN WINDHAM-
342 AM EDT SUN SEP 20 2015

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT MONDAY...

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR MUCH OF THE WESTERN AND
SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKS...LAKE GEORGE AND GLENS FALLS REGION OF EAST
CENTRAL NEW YORK...AS WELL AS THE SOUTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS OF
VERMONT.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

And surprisingly our lawn is still pretty green in spots and still growing, although I refuse to cut it. Quick shower with the fropa, now prolonged dry period again. I think we'll throw in the towel and skip the over seeding this year.

Dry passage here, but our lawn's thriving given the wet past few weeks we've had in GC.  It'll likely slow down now with both the lateness of the season along with what looks to be a little meager in the qpf department for a little while.

Meanwhile, blue sky has arrived with the sun shining.  COC day is here.

59.1/55

EDIT:  The clouds to the east are negating the blue sky overhead.  Sun now delayed.  Should be short-lived.

We CAA.

58.8/55

AMDAR SOUNDINGS AROUND 6 AM SHOWED A TEMPERATURE INVERSION WITH
BASE AROUND 900 MB. THIS IS SIMILAR TO BUFKIT FORECAST SOUNDINGS
FOR 18Z THIS AFTERNOON...AND MAY BE A LIMIT TO OUR MIXING TODAY.
THE TEMPERATURE AT THE BASE WAS 15C...EQUIV TO 10C AT 850 MB. SO
MAX TEMPS WOULD TOP OUT AROUND 77F WITH COOLER TEMPS IN NORTHWEST
MASS. SO CALL IT LOW TO MID 70S.

Doubtful GC breaks 65.

The blocking high and confluence zone means business. I was thinking there could be enough of a weakness in the force field to possibly allow some type of sub tropical entity like the ghost of Grace or perhaps a later storm to at least threaten parts of the region but the suppression means business. Days and days of the chamber bells ringin.

I don't doubt anything anymore at The Pit. Could snow there this afternoon and it wouldn't be surprising ;).

You're confusing me with West Chesterfield.

Temp's rebounding.

60.9/53

Edit:  CAA battling the diurnal rise.  The latter will win the net, but still will not be surprised by a sub-65.

60.3/53

And surprisingly our lawn is still pretty green in spots and still growing, although I refuse to cut it. Quick shower with the fropa, now prolonged dry period again. I think we'll throw in the towel and skip the over seeding this year.

With so much shade now and somewhat lower sun angle..lawns that aren't in full sun..will still grow a little bit..But you can see the sunny spots and all day sun lawns already torching out again after the last rains 7 days ago. The foliage this year is going to be awful. So many browns already. There will be Very little color this year in SNE anyway with the ongoing drought

Yeah. The Bretton Woods one is primarily as an investment, but I stay there when it's not rented out to do some updates. It's turned out to be a great investment, so I'm actually looking to get another one in the near future. And move up here full time! For now I'm just lucky that my company is pretty open to telecommuting, so I spend Thu-Mon up here and the rest of the week in Boston. But it's not enough! NNE is where it feels like home these days.

Down to 33 this morning, my front steps are an ice sheet! It's finally fall. :)

Nice. You've got a place in Bartlett and Bretton Woods?

Archived