Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Not sure what's so funny. Yeah it's way out there, but it'll be right around the time of my avg first 32F. We can get cold shots in an otherwise warm pattern.

I'm not locking it in or anything, but there's plenty of support. Don't worry about your hydrangeas...you'll be 45F on top of your hill.

Not sure what's so funny. Yeah it's way out there, but it'll be right around the time of my avg first 32F. We can get cold shots in an otherwise warm pattern.

I'm not locking it in or anything, but there's plenty of support. Don't worry about your hydrangeas...you'll be 45F on top of your hill.

Looks frosty to me.

at 9 days out that could turn into 73/50 type stuff

Nah, we will be prone to those cool highs building down in this flow. Bootleg cold, but could be enough for interior low spots to frost. You don't need much heading later into September with dry air and longer nights.

Bootleg or not... the shift of the overall appeal on the 00z runs cannot be denied, and is decidedly more difficult to visualize even a rad nights getting it done - as you intimate.  

But, it's one cycle of runs ... may flip right back just the same -

Bootleg or not... the shift of the overall appeal on the 00z runs cannot be denied, and is decidedly more difficult to visualize even a rad nights getting it done - as you intimate.  

I dunno man...really only the OP Euro looked marginal. The 00z GFS was downright frigid and so was the Canadian. The ensembles haven't changed much.

I won't really take it seriously though until its inside of 5 days anyway. This is typical D9-10 clownrange stuff. It could still end up totally different.

All the models still have a GOAK trough with AN heights in SE Canada with lower height across the SE.  That's a classic pattern to drive in cooler air at times with high pressure...but tough to really get a deep Autumnal trough in here for a longer period of time.  I guess that's how I view it.  Models also show some ridging into Greenland which also helps bring down cooler air to the northeast...but it's kind of bootleg with highs building down with 560+ thicknesses. The trough next week with a cold source region in SE Canada may have some meat.  On the other hand, this isn't a heat pattern either.

I dunno man...really only the OP Euro looked marginal. The 00z GFS was downright frigid and so was the Canadian. The ensembles haven't changed much.

I won't really take it seriously though until its inside of 5 days anyway. This is typical D9-10 clownrange stuff. It could still end up totally different.

I didn't see much that was "frigid" in the 00z surface depiction, or the 500mb. 

And it was certainly 'not as' cool as the previous runs earlier in the day.  But perhaps it's just a difference of opinion.  

I agree on not taking seriously - like I said, it's one cycle and the models could flip back.  

No question that the GGEM changed, and the Euro was less aggressive... and I was discussing the overall model appeal in the first place. 

And it was certainly 'not as' cool as the previous runs earlier in the day.  But perhaps it's just a difference of opinion.  

I agree on not taking seriously - like I said, it's one cycle and the models could flip back.  

No question that the GGEM changed, and the Euro was less aggressive... and I was discussing the overall model appeal in the first place. 

I thought this was pretty darn cold:

f228.gif

High pressure just to the north and 2C at 850 south of the pike. That's pretty frosty I'd think. Hard freezes for sure in some spots of CNE/NNE.

I thought this was pretty darn cold:

f228.gif

High pressure just to the north and 2C at 850 south of the pike. That's pretty frosty I'd think. Hard freezes for sure in some spots of CNE/NNE.

Dewpoints in the 20's is usually a great indicator under HP for first frost freezes, will change but you are spot on

Looks like frost on the Tippy of the weenie to me

Looks like frost on the Tippy of the weenie to me

:) nice...

Yeah, Will, it 'looks' chilly as is, but the point I made that is apparently being missed is that it trended milder.  Also...adding to that, some of the other model types (regardless of their dependability/bias) were much warmer at that.  AND, I said all models combined.   

But again again again, it could easily come back with more cold "panache" on the next run.  

Archived