Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats on 75~82

+8 to +12 for 5 days, that may actually mellow out the recent huge departures.  Above normal likely though this month it seems.

At least it can't get much warmer than this.

First 10 days of September, MMNV1:

Average Temperatures (high...low)... 70.2F...56.2F

Normal Temperatures...56.5F...43.2F

+8 to +12 for 5 days, that may actually mellow out the recent huge departures. Above normal likely though this month it seems.

At least it can't get much warmer than this.

First 10 days of September, MMNV1:

Average Temperatures (high...low)... 70.2F...56.2F

Normal Temperatures...56.5F...43.2F

not for nothing I responded to a NJ poster, if you look at surface temp deviations they are much higher near you but drop off to near normal in NJ, he said record breaking, just a little content

that scale blows at LR but again it's regionally that will have wet soils. I will check soil moisture from yesterday and then MON an get back to you

The scale is hard to read but I took a screen shot of it in the first one, dark grey is about 1", light grey less.

Sat/Sun is still a bit of a question mark. Soils will be wet relative to yesterday, I'll give you that.

not for nothing I responded to a NJ poster, if you look at surface temp deviations they are much higher near you but drop off to near normal in NJ, he said record breaking, just a little content

KNYC is +9.4 so far for the first 9 days of the month, warmest starts to a September in NYC after 9 days. The ridge is coming back next week and we will be above avg. We have a shot at having the hottest September on record. This is not last year where a cold front is going to flip the script.

My content didn't imply that the heat next week will be record breaking

KNYC is +9.4 so far for the first 9 days of the month, warmest starts to a September in NYC after 9 days. The ridge is coming back next week and we will be above avg. We have a shot at having the hottest September on record. This is not last year where a cold front is going to flip the script.

My content didn't imply that the heat next week will be record breaking

thanks for clarifying I read it wrong. What is the all time record and what would you need to average the rest of the month to break it

thanks for clarifying I read it wrong. What is the all time record and what would you need to average the rest of the month to break it

NYC's warmest September was in 1961 at 73.5, with 1881 and 2005 only 0.2F behind and nothing else closer than 72.3.  '61 was hot at the start (94 and 95 on 1-2, great for our 2-a-day FB practices) and featured 92/92/94 on 10-12.  The month had 8 days reaching 90 and 12 with minima 70+.  It also had some cool spells, racking up 30 CDDs while the other two contenders had 3 and 6 respectively.

Edit:  Thru Sept 9, this year is running 1.5F warmer than 1961, with 6 days 90+.

Archived