Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

You think that's all elevation?

Jeff Gordon said he's at 600ft and regularly 5F+ from ORH. That's a helluva lapse rate.

Although these big differences don't seem to be noticed as much in winter, so gotta imagine evapotranspiration plays a big part in why one spot will be 86F and then only 400ft lower its 93F.

The regional temp maps look much more uniform in winter....like 31F valleys and 27-28F hills. You don't see like 36F at HippyValley while it's 28F at MPM unless CAA or something.

It's a big part of it , but there are so many other mesoscale factors so it's not an easy answer. Siting, vegetation, thermo accuracy etc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. We should revisit some of these discussions in the winter and see. I bet most PWS make sense in the winter with more uniformity with the ASOS stations.

The discrepancies are always bigger in the warm season. We've discussed this a bunch in the past...esp when the mesonet temp maps started becoming popular.

Looking around ...we've exceeded MAV MOS by 1 to 3 F on the hot side at most sites and counting.

Not sure that count will get much higher though, because we got TCU tickling the glaciation layer... one output shower and it's over. Too fragile around here to recover... 

BDL at 95 on way to 98-99.

Drought definitely is contributing

Nice to have a hot day with TCU fetish in play on a vacation week... 

Hopefully I get this with a historic storm in November.  Honestly, ...I think I'm down with stem-wound nor'easters in 10 F CCB heads.  I want an odd ball thing.  I want a weird 23" of blue gem, no wind, like Chicago, 1967.

post-904-0-43651500-1441737094_thumb.jpg

Or, the ice storm in the 1920s...

cfa24fcf016d0619fc36be5a346787f4.jpg

Just make sure that everyone EXCEPT me loses power and internet..

Something more exotic and wonder inspiring than the same old, clock in ..put in your time, clock out coastal model. They are fun and all, but we've kind of gotten enough of that over the last 3 or so years that I'm sated - so to speak. It's time to vacation more into the exotic.  I'd like to experience some of the more grittier flavors in my weather drug this time.  

I'm hoping that a deviant, abstinent, authority hating El Nino can percolate some mischief up underneath a cryospheric heavy handed Catholic school of coastal winters here.  Need to shake this up a bit.  

BDL at 95 on way to 98-99.

Drought definitely is contributing

heh, DP are 66 to 71 though. That's pretty wet for this temperature, at this time of solar year.  Not sure that's it. It may just be 20 C at 850 MB in an atmosphere that the Euro won and beat out the other guidance on.

I mentioned the other day that the Euro had the warm tongue comparatively ... 

No that's straight on up in New England. Just massive positive departures right thru end of month. it sucks..but what are we gonna do? Gotta deal with it. GEFS got blown out of water by ENS on this

GEFs are ENS???? massive departures? hard to get blown out of the water when you haven't entered the pool yet.

Archived