joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOS has 34 for HIE and BML Monday morning.

AFD from GYX

HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVERHEAD SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY

NIGHT. THIS WILL ALLOW FOR GOOD RADIATIONAL COOLING CONDITIONS

WITH CLEAR...DRY...AND CALM WEATHER SETTLING INTO PLACE. COULD

VERY WELL SEE A FIRST FROST ACROSS FAR INTERIOR VALLEY

LOCATIONS...WITH PLACES LIKE WHITEFIELD AND BERLIN AIRPORT

LOCATIONS POSSIBLY MAKING IT DOWN TO 32 DEGREES BEFORE FOGGING IN.

ELSEWHERE...LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S AND 40S WILL BE UBIQUITOUS ALONG

WITH AREAS OF DENSE RIVER VALLEY FOG.

Looking into lala land (day 9) the 12z gfs has 925 temps to -5C.  Even if the wind won't quit, we'd freeze.

(Also chuckled at MIA getting 13.7" RA during days 9-16.)

AFD from GYX

HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVERHEAD SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY

NIGHT. THIS WILL ALLOW FOR GOOD RADIATIONAL COOLING CONDITIONS

WITH CLEAR...DRY...AND CALM WEATHER SETTLING INTO PLACE. COULD

VERY WELL SEE A FIRST FROST ACROSS FAR INTERIOR VALLEY

LOCATIONS...WITH PLACES LIKE WHITEFIELD AND BERLIN AIRPORT

LOCATIONS POSSIBLY MAKING IT DOWN TO 32 DEGREES BEFORE FOGGING IN.

ELSEWHERE...LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S AND 40S WILL BE UBIQUITOUS ALONG

WITH AREAS OF DENSE RIVER VALLEY FOG.

Looking into lala land (day 9) the 12z gfs has 925 temps to -5C.  Even if the wind won't quit, we'd freeze.

(Also chuckled at MIA getting 13.7" RA during days 9-16.)

They don't make it clear what products they are basing that upon,... but those estimates appear conservative to me given the "as is" from models like the GGEM and Euro.

Now, are these models correct in general?   Meh, like to see that high pressure modeled at D4 instead of 8 for those particular headache bias pukers, but it certainly smacks of "sign of the times in seasonal inevitability"

reread what i wrote to tip, thanks. Wills still cocked after finding out the news, congrats though for the new weenie to be.

Well I'm not sure that euro run would be 25F at ORE, but the spots that rarely/never get below 32F in Sep won't in this one either...so comparing U20s in a rad spot like ORE to BOS or ORH is apples to oranges. I'd argue that most sites have seen <32F in their recorded Sep history.

No biggie though...point is that is a nice looking airmass. It's too bad it's still in clown range for another few days. I like the warmth, but 80/55 everyday gets boring.

Well I'm not sure that euro run would be 25F at ORE, but the spots that rarely/never get below 32F in Sep won't in this one either...so comparing U20s in a rad spot like ORE to BOS or ORH is apples to oranges. I'd argue that most sites have seen <32F in their recorded Sep history.

No biggie though...point is that is a nice looking airmass. It's too bad it's still in clown range for another few days. I like the warmth, but 80/55 everyday gets boring.

Must have worded it wrong it was 2 parts, wow if that happens  and most sites don't get ever below 32 , its pretty rare even in the sites that do regularly, like once every 5-10 years

Orh hasn't done it since 92 and olnly 6 times at the Airport, a lot of areas have not hit 32 in Sept 

1 1957 2 0 2 1992 1 0 - 1991 1 0 - 1981 1 0 - 1950 1 0

There is basically no chance they would do it this time either on the Euro.

But all the valleys have done it...but I agree that it would be an impressive shot. But it wouldn't be bringing 32F temps to any areas that haven't seen them in late September before.

There is basically no chance they would do it this time either on the Euro.

But all the valleys have done it...but I agree that it would be an impressive shot. But it wouldn't be bringing 32F temps to any areas that haven't seen them in late September before.

its all conjuncture at this point but looks like first frosts starting to appear, hope I avoid it for a while Garden is doing great. Big Eggplant this year, they must like the dry heat.

Archived