Newest Member
    joxey
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-656-0-31528300-1438723653_thumb.jpg

This was taken from Mt. Wachusett during the first tornado warned cell.  I didn't see any strong rotation, or funnel cloud, but I have some video to look through.  After the second supercell passed I drove down Rt 62, 68 and 56 through the Hubb, Barre, Holden, Princeton and didn't find any significant damage.  Lots of small branches and leaves down from the hail.  I got caught in the core of the second storm and saw nickle sized hail to slightly larger.  What a rush.  I feel spent right now. 

What size you think?

2-2.25" in largest dimension... most were 1-2", but looking at my photos I'm pretty sure there were some rare 2.5"

Pretty incredible. Car alarms going off too.

Just got back to computer, I'm surprised my photos are some of the most impressive compared to Boston.com, etc... I gotta figure out how to post onto wx1box

Sorry guys...first time posting a vid but impressive from Berlin, Ma. today. I would estimate 60-70 mph...tacoma was shaking and trees down all over town.

"https://www.youtube.com/embed/LRzSAU2p4bc"

Good video.  Too bad you didn't face the car downwind and open the window so the picture would have been clear..

Archived