joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neighbor had cars damaged from lightning and house . Motherboard on two cars fried. Lightning into house all from this morning.

I'm guessing you experienced the same shotgun-like blast that occured around 6:45 this morning. Strangely enough, our cat barely even flinched lol. That was definitely the loudest and most consistant lightning I've heard so far this summer.

I'm guessing you experienced the same shotgun-like blast that occured around 6:45 this morning. Strangely enough, our cat barely even flinched lol. That was definitely the loudest and most consistant lightning I've heard so far this summer.

Best dynamics north this aftn.

Can't remember the last time a storm with hail that big went right through BOS. Certainly a relatively rare event. PNS has multiple reports of 1.75-2:" hail in Boston-Cambridge area.

Yeah this was definitely a rare event for hail that big to go right through the city. I mean, something like this happens at least a couple times a summer within a 50 mile radius, but that is a large area for a relatively small hailcore to hit...so odds are low any one spot gets it.  

BOS is the new "Exciting weather" capital of the region this year...

SPECI KBOS 042021Z 29014G44KT 1/4SM R04R/1600VP6000FT TSGRRA FG SQ BKN017CB OVC070 19/17 A2986 RMK AO2 PK WND 25044/2014 TSB08RAB13GRB11 FRQ LTGICCCCG OVHD TS MOV E GR 1/2 SHRA S-NW TCU S-N P0019

44 knot gust is pretty solid too...esp for BOS in a thunderstorm. Usually that type of gust is relegated to winter synoptic winds.

Archived