Newest Member
    joxey
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-656-0-83270100-1438731137_thumb.jpg

This wasn't even part of the main storm.  It was like five minutes ahead of the actual wall cloud. 

post-656-0-78909000-1438731143_thumb.jpg

Scudnado!!!

post-656-0-30351900-1438731159_thumb.jpg

Dumping hail to the east

post-656-0-27382000-1438731171_thumb.jpg

Next one coming in. 

post-656-0-08417000-1438731184_thumb.jpg

The last picture before leaving.  Unfortunately I wasn't far enough south to get a view of the rain free base if there was any. 

How do I embed videos?

attachicon.gif1.jpg

This wasn't even part of the main storm.  It was like five minutes ahead of the actual wall cloud. 

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Scudnado!!!

attachicon.gif5.jpg

Dumping hail to the east

attachicon.gif7.jpg

Next one coming in. 

attachicon.gif9.jpg

The last picture before leaving.  Unfortunately I wasn't far enough south to get a view of the rain free base if there was any. 

How do I embed videos?

Awesome pics

1.jpg

This wasn't even part of the main storm. It was like five minutes ahead of the actual wall cloud.

2.jpg

Scudnado!!!

5.jpg

Dumping hail to the east

7.jpg

Next one coming in.

9.jpg

The last picture before leaving. Unfortunately I wasn't far enough south to get a view of the rain free base if there was any.

How do I embed videos?

easiest to upload to you tube and link

easiest to upload to you tube and link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZAbjW2WrG8

It's loud to start.  I followed a couple guys on bikes up and they were leaving right when I started.  Talked to them for awhile and told them they were welcome to wait it out in the car. I wish I took more care getting the video.  I was amped up.

1.33" of rain in 25 minutes this morning in West Greenwich then the storm headed to Coventry where the WeatherBug station at the EOC reported 67 mph then the cell headed out of the NE portion of town hitting real hard, We have well over 50 trees snapped off at 20-30 feet and numerous ones down in a area of about 2 square miles

The Wachusett clip is a good one! Is there footage from after that moment?

Unfortunately not, I don't know what I was thinking.  I went back to my car to grab a better camera (this was using my phone) and the wall cloud? started to dissipate.  The video keeps going, but it's black until I pick my phone back up to capture the scud racing by in the second picture.  Second time this year I'm kicking myself for not just relaxing and recording.  

post-656-0-83853600-1438736419_thumb.jpg

This is like the third still I took after putting the camera down. 

Thankfully, we didn't have any hail or big wind at the top.  Just the typical updraft splats then nothing, then deluge, then nothing. 

Best day of storms I can remember in SNE in a while with 2 different high end/sig events in a couple years.

Good shear and steep lapse rates are almost always fun

Those ML lapse eyes were key. Lot of shear outside of the lowest levels too...otherwise we were prob talking multiple TORs

Those ML lapse eyes were key. Lot of shear outside of the lowest levels too...otherwise we were prob talking multiple TORs

Yeah you don't need a true EML to have great events. Red flags should go up with widespread 6.5+ C/km 700-500mb as you as you have decent sfc dews and sufficient deep layer shear. Kicks it up a notch once you have that...allows cores to really explode.

Yeah you don't need a true EML to have great events. Red flags should go up with widespread 6.5+ C/km 700-500mb as you as you have decent sfc dews and sufficient deep layer shear. Kicks it up a notch once you have that...allows cores to really explode.

Put all that together with a pretty solid piece of energy moving through during prime heating and boom!  

I can never get anything good. Everything happens when I have to work. And nothing happens here. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and get some cold pool hailers...even though NNE likely wins again

we've issued 103 severe thunderstorm warnings in the last 16 days. I think I have 65 of them. I'm seeing polygons in my sleep.

Archived