joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this was definitely a rare event for hail that big to go right through the city. I mean, something like this happens at least a couple times a summer within a 50 mile radius, but that is a large area for a relatively small hailcore to hit...so odds are low any one spot gets it.

BOS is the new "Exciting weather" capital of the region this year...

Yeah, always more exciting for most when it hits population centers. The forum really comes alive. Rather than golf ball cells in NNE which may or may not be seen by anyone haha.

i'm looking at that sturbridge cell on the radar as it lines itself up to roll directly over my house. hopefully it'll just be a fun storm with no damage!

I managed to bail out of work in Bedford 15 minutes before the first storm rolled through, and drove right under the rotating cloud sbos photoed earlier as it was starting to form, while heading south down 95 to the pike to get back here, before the second storm came in and hailed everywhere - so I've managed to avoid the storms so far today.

but it's time to go look out windows armed with my cellphone camera, I guess :)

Had a quick 0.38" here with a couple handfuls of pea hail.  Of course, I missed it, as it was just +RA as I was driving thru Belgrade/Rome.  Serious looking pixels to the east - Skowhegan/Canaan - 60-65 dbz and not just one or two.  My drive to Old Town tomorrow morning goes thru that area, so I may get a view of the carnage (if any.)

Had a quick 0.38" here with a couple handfuls of pea hail.  Of course, I missed it, as it was just +RA as I was driving thru Belgrade/Rome.  Serious looking pixels to the east - Skowhegan/Canaan - 60-65 dbz and not just one or two.  My drive to Old Town tomorrow morning goes thru that area, so I may get a view of the carnage (if any.)

With all the action in MA it looks like some good stuff up there as well, especially that cell west of Portland. Multiple reports of moose with concussions from hail. 

7-10 in play here as has been all season

Archived