• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

I completely got rid of my GERD too. The big culprits for me were processed foods, refined/seed oils, and sugar/baked goods. I cut the coffee too, but I add it back in occasionally now with no issues whatsoever. I just sweeten it with raw honey and use full fat cream.

What's GERD? Anyway, weight has always been a struggle for me but I have been making some positive changes - being more active and tracking what I eat much more closely. I limit my calorie intake and use an app to record everything I eat. The result has been that I've lost about 35 lbs in the last 6 months and I just feel better. I still have a lot to work on, losing anothe 20 lbs and improving my nutritional choices but I figure this is a long term change so I'm not doing any fad diets or crazy purges. Some days it's a struggle though. I just hope I can maintain the positive direction.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came across this today...gotta be rough for the kid...yikes!

http://www.people.com/article/utah-teen-alex-visker-allergic-food

and this article...things to make you stop and think...monsanto, gmos, pesticides/herbicides, preservatives...it all collects in our tissues and wears down the body

https://www.hcn.org/articles/environmental-illness-in-arizona

I completely got rid of my GERD too. The big culprits for me were processed foods, refined/seed oils, and sugar/baked goods. I cut the coffee too, but I add it back in occasionally now with no issues whatsoever. I just sweeten it with raw honey and use full fat cream.

I've lost about 10-15 pounds since early May.

I don't really eat any cookies or baked goods either.

I pretty much stick to 3 meals with essentially no snacking during the day.

Giving up coffee was really really hard. I used to have at least one iced coffee, sometimes two a day. That I think was one of the biggest culprits of the GERD.

I'm still learning. I'm just happy I've improved it some, and will continue to do so.

yea lots of peeps with stomach issues mostly related to all the Shi t they add to food. Tough for beer too. I am pretty sure I developed a peanut butter allergy. Joints swell up painfully after I eat it.

my dad gets gout when he eats heavy amounts of sauce or dairy... for example cream or spaghetti sauce. He even gets sick from wise chips every single time somehow. I tell him it's probably because he eats the entire bag in one sitting.

My neck has been well managed with a carefully built med plan by me and my doc. Ct scans and mri aug 5th then it might be time to schedule surg to fix things. Gotta do it while the plate and screws are still intact. Will make for faster recovery. Not sure what type of recovery thatll be since I have herniation above/below (forget which one) next to the fusion and degenerative disc disease.. I'm just happy it's not cancer. And hey I did lose 40 pds so that is certainly one of the benefits lol. Weird thing is I lost the weight but my BP has been all over the place. I think I'm drinking too much coffee at work and the lack of exercise due to the office is doing it. Need to start getting cardio but just don't see the point if I'm getting surgery within the next few months.

A lot of career and insurance related variables. If I graduate the school might not be considered liable anymore. I have no idea how it works. Also I landed a great internship for the fall and don't want to miss time.

The internship is comcasy sports net new england so soon I might be in the TV world with Ryan lol. We are owned by NBC universal too. Gonna be working directly with show production out of Burlington where the studio is and . Michael felger and names like Joe Haggerty right down the office hall from me. Hope they offer me a job in Dec!

The internship is comcasy sports net new england so soon I might be in the TV world with Ryan lol. We are owned by NBC universal too. Gonna be working directly with show production out of Burlington where the studio is and . Michael felger and names like Joe Haggerty right down the office hall from me. Hope they offer me a job in Dec!

Nice good luck!

I came across this today...gotta be rough for the kid...yikes!

http://www.people.com/article/utah-teen-alex-visker-allergic-food

and this article...things to make you stop and think...monsanto, gmos, pesticides/herbicides, preservatives...it all collects in our tissues and wears down the body

https://www.hcn.org/articles/environmental-illness-in-Arizona

Considering the average life span of males has risen from about 45 to about 83 since the 1840's, I can we're not wearing down too badly.   (since so many women used to die during childbirth in the old days, I only considered the males, the female differential is even greater).

Congrats.  Burlington, VT?  I love it up there--great small place.

I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and my body is fine.  

Right there with you, Wiz.  On that note, I'm going to toast myself some Pop-tarts.  I'm eating healthy though, unfrosted.

Beginning today, we are now losing more than 2-minutes of daylight daily.  The sun angle has dropped 4.7* since the solstice.

Over the next month, we'll lose an additional 76 minutes of daylight and the sun angle will drop another 9.4*.

The winter-bound train is gaining momentum.

LOL. Do the leaves up in GC have that leathery look yet  ?

I was actually noting a sickly looking maple tree on my way home yesterday that was actually dropping it's leaves.  Another month or so and it will start for real!  Just need to get passed the peak of summer that we're in.

Hickory nut explosion all over my driveway, squirrels must be going nuts high up. Started seeing those curled up leaves on the lawn an occasional one here and there but surely signs that the process is slowly reversing itself.

Beginning today, we are now losing more than 2-minutes of daylight daily.  The sun angle has dropped 4.7* since the solstice.

Over the next month, we'll lose an additional 76 minutes of daylight and the sun angle will drop another 9.4*.

The winter-bound train is gaining momentum.

I wouldn't be looking forward to this winter. if i were you

LOL. Do the leaves up in GC have that leathery look yet  ?

Not yet.  They typically adopt that seemingly overnight in early August though.  But, with the cool wet summer we've had, perhaps that'll be different this year.

I suspect Pete's nearing peak.

I wouldn't be looking forward to this winter. if i were you

I'll take a crappy winter over any summer.  And, I'm optimistic about this winter.  As long as I can get my qpf.

I was actually noting a sickly looking maple tree on my way home yesterday that was actually dropping it's leaves.  Another month or so and it will start for real!  Just need to get passed the peak of summer that we're in.

Saw some well-colored red maples in a swamp just east of Milo, Maine on Monday.  However, there were some fresh beaver works at roadside, so the color was all related to stress caused by flooding.

Yeah, they did.  They site west wind and mixing out ... lowering DPs enough to nick the HI values 4 to 5 F too cool to make criteria.

I haven't looked at the sounding so not sure what dry layers can combine with downslope thermodynamics to really dry things out that much, so it will be interesting to see what verifies in the HI's.  Typically in these situations I'm inclined to think there is a tendency to try and outfox the models  -might play into that - who knows.  It's more common with winter storms...

But, giving them the benefit by suspending any doubt ... weak sauce heat.  Man, what a summer of paltry wimp climate. This summer is that kid with a big heart that was born with bad genetic deck of cards and needs leg braces.  I'm looking at the satellite and its up!  yet another offset perfectly wrong timed nuance to block potential.  I'm seeing striations of high clouds and 'mare's tales' streaking SSE at ludicrous speed and it's a steady stream of it.. Even if NWS is proved over-cooked hamming details with west winds and DPs ... that milk contamination may be good for 2 or 3 F worth off the top anyway.  

Annway, fun aside... 00z NAM had KFIT/KBED/KBOS all around 97 or 95/66 at max heating, which according to the chart is a HI of 100 to 104 fwiw - 

This 12z have all those at 90 tomorrow, and that or 91 the next day.  So, one hot day here when last week this looked like 2.5 days of it.  Again, paltry summer doing it dimming work.  But, if so, it will be interesting to see if we actually can eek out a heat wave out of this thing..

Yeah, they did.  They site west wind and mixing out ... lowering DPs enough to nick the HI values 4 to 5 F too cool to make criteria.

I haven't looked at the sounding so not sure what dry layers can combine with downslope thermodynamics to really dry things out that much, so it will be interesting to see what verifies in the HI's.  Typically in these situations I'm inclined to think there is a tendency to try and outfox the models  -might play into that - who knows.  It's more common with winter storms...

But, giving them the benefit by suspending any doubt ... weak sauce heat.  Man, what a summer of paltry wimp climate. This summer is that kid with a big heart that was born with bad genetic deck of cards and needs leg braces.  I'm looking at the satellite and its up!  yet another offset perfectly wrong timed nuance to block potential.  I'm seeing striations of high clouds and 'mare's tales' streaking SSE at ludicrous speed and it's a steady stream of it.. Even if NWS is proved over-cooked hamming details with west winds and DPs ... that milk contamination may be good for 2 or 3 F worth off the top anyway.  

Annway, fun aside... 00z NAM had KFIT/KBED/KBOS all around 97 or 95/66 at max heating, which according to the chart is a HI of 100 to 104 fwiw - 

This 12z have all those at 90 tomorrow, and that or 91 the next day.  So, one hot day here when last week this looked like 2.5 days of it.  Again, paltry summer doing it dimming work.  But, if so, it will be interesting to see if we actually can eek out a heat wave out of this thing..

That front trended just enough faster to ruin another high heat day tomorrow. It'll probably verify warmer than guidance (especially SE), but it's more or less upper 80s up here with a nice line of storms in the afternoon. The 12km NAM gives many a nice drink.

That front trended just enough faster to ruin another high heat day tomorrow. It'll probably verify warmer than guidance (especially SE), but it's more or less upper 80s up here with a nice line of storms in the afternoon. The 12km NAM gives many a nice drink.

Did you see that 1.75" convective bomb in southern VT ! ? 

wow... Given to soup DPs in place feeding CAPE...and the front paralleling only a light flow aloft... man, that's like strobe lightning in choking rain for ever...

haha

I'd love to see something like that ... 3 straight hours of PTSD causing lightning bombs and 15" of water

Archived