joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a spider ive never seen before so looked it up and all I could find was a northern black widow it looked exactly like it anyone else ever seen one of these around here?

Did it have a broken red hour-glass on the underside of it's ab region ? 

BOS shat the bed after rocketing this morning but they'll likely verify heatwave tomorrow. Warm August incoming. Steve...cya. No 90 rest of the season beginnin 8/3? Sorry BOS underdoes heat but I suspect it will happen there and bdl at least.

who said that? I will take the under on a warm August, certainly nothing in Modeling showing that.

who said that? I will take the under on a warm August, certainly nothing in Modeling showing that.

I thought you implied no 90 after the weekend?

I still like the WAR which is not the same as the Bermuda high in my mind. It should give us some high dews and a showery at times, warm at other times August.

I actually agree with Steve there the Tele connectors the modeling tempo and in a seasonal trends all alike they don't really support a very warm August but here we are this week and we just registered a heat wave in a lot of interior sites so you know ... things can still break warm despite the appeal overall. I give it about a 50-50 shot for no reason other reason the longer-term statistical thirty-year mean is still rising so it seems like warmer months are just going to be easier to verify

Just because some people might have a tough time with HHH weather it means other's can't enjoy it? That's not fair to tell people what they can or can't enjoy.  I think we all realize that 95+ temps and high dews aren't going to happen wall to wall from June to Aug in New England, but it doesn't mean we can't wish it on for a few weeks.  It's nice to be able to step outside late night with just shorts on and not feel any chill, or come out of the pool or ocean and air dry with no shivering.  

Must be time for the quarterly morals debate again.  Basically every single person on this forum is here because they like weather that is dangerous or unpleasant to some group of people.

I don't see much evidence yet that a west Atlantic ridge might assert its self, other than the last couple of GFS cycles out beyond 240 hours ... which sufficed it is to say, is likely falsely depicted as is. 

There are means to do some statistical research (if perhaps at the linear depth).  Examples:

1) Rising warm ENSO summers for August and September. I am sure these parameters can be calculated at CPC's available interactive tools.  I work an office job that has 0 to do with Earth Sciences these days ... so I am not the person for the task. 

2) Try removing any Pacific influence and just do a roll-forward/analog analysis for the next 4 to 6 weeks.  The ENSO summers are less coherently linking to pattern forcing, do to weak overall hemispheric gradients/wave-spacing causing fragmentation of normal features. 

3) Pattern tendency and intra-seasonal persistence ... 

4) The "music" of the result between the models and verification ...Kinda of like 3, but more like intuitively where it "seems" like we are heading...

Obviously, # 4 has less meaningfulness, scientifically in the above... As for 1 and 2, not sure; BUT, El Nino Autumns tend to bring cool troughing and early snows to the NE/OV regions, conning everyone into thinking a bible winter is en route...only to go blase by mid affair.   # 3 does not support west Atlantic ridge emergence and influence ... pretty much at all as far as I can recall/tell.  

we should trade DIT for a player to be named later, he would love it here

my cousin was visiting Kish (island in the persian gulf) a couple years ago for a week . He said that most of the time you needed to have your windshield wipers on when driving b/c of how quickly you would get condensation.

Just think ... in roughly a billion years the sun will be 12 to 15% hotter by virtue of stellar aging/physics, and those of the Earth as ..whom or whatever is around would say 'as we know it,' they will soon no longer be around to say anything at all.  

The magnetic field ...which life on this world has been so blessed to have been protected by, shielding and allowing the evolution of delicate chemistries of DNA from the utter radioactive destruction the lurks just beyond its protective envelope, will turn on this planet and become it's greatest enemy.  It will trap the evaporating WV from escaping to space, while the sun's dial turns up the roaster to Hades and beyond.  With all that liquid water transformed into vapor, trapped in by the magnetic field, then heated by a swelling sun nearing the end of its main sequence life, the planet Earth's atmosphere, regardless of whatever Humans did in the past, is destined to soar to 3,000 to 4,500 F - hot enough to molten metals!

Heh, when that astro-physical inevitability is conceptualized, what the f is GW then...  ?  For now, it's nothing more than a political vamp, used, abused, and perhaps truths lost by the pablum of abuses.  Who knows, but in the grand scale of cosmology, all this stuff and everyone's collective or individualized conceit is/are ultimately doomed.  It's all only meaningful to an infinitesimal fraction of comparative time. And, our sense of self-importance as a species ...means nothing to said scale.    

The only thing for certain in the universe is the finality of everything in the universe, and most likely ...the universe itself. 

Archived