Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

What we wouldn't give to be there

Anthony Sagliani ‏@anthonywx  3h

Probably the most incredible ob I've ever seen. Bandar Mahshahr, Iran today: Temp: 109F (43C) Dew Point: 90F (32C).

Perfect for a DIT 10 mile jog...and subsequent heat stroke, cramps, fainting, blisters, dehydration.    

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of the capping inversion, the area near the Persian Gulf can have extreme heat index values. Basically a pressure cooker.

Why is there such a strong cap there instead of massive convective initiation?

Is it just the lack of a shortwave as a trigger because the area is outside the jet stream? Or the stabilizing effect of the Gulf?

this slop is only good for going in the next door neighbor's pool which we all did last night--heat is off and the water temp is still 80.   Going to be a nasty electric bill here with the CAC on til next Tue/Wed-will be about 10 straight days when all is said and done.

this slop is only good for going in the next door neighbor's pool which we all did last night--heat is off and the water temp is still 80.   Going to be a nasty electric bill here with the CAC on til next Tue/Wed-will be about 10 straight days when all is said and done.

you can turn off your Ac tomorrow night, dews will drop into the 50's

Why is there such a strong cap there instead of massive convective initiation?

Is it just the lack of a shortwave as a trigger because the area is outside the jet stream? Or the stabilizing effect of the Gulf?

You have natural subsidence there anyways given the latitude this time of year. Think Hadley cells. You also can have elevated layer of heat from high terrain too. No dynamics either. However, some areas like near the Red Sea do get convection thanks to the mtns actually helping to get air to rise. Two weeks ago, Kuwait city was 123F.

Sweet.  Didn't know we were heading that low for dews, but highs still supposed to be close to 90 here next few days-play it by ear I guess

I turn mine off at night at sunset and on before I leave the house for workon High Temp low dews days, keep the shades drawn. My house is mostly shaded so its easy to cool down.

Sweet. Didn't know we were heading that low for dews, but highs still supposed to be close to 90 here next few days-play it by ear I guess

I think we'll still need CAC. Tonight will still be warm and humid. Tomorrow night looks the coolest with OKX going for M60s, but 6 of the next 7 mornings look to be U60s or warmer for those of us residing in CTZ9.

I think we'll still need CAC. Tonight will still be warm and humid. Tomorrow night looks the coolest with OKX going for M60s, but 6 of the next 7 mornings look to be U60s or warmer for those of us residing in CTZ9.

u 60's with dews in the 50's is perfect to sleep in, add a strong nW breeze, air out the house, let some fresh air in

What we wouldn't give to be there

Anthony Sagliani ‏@anthonywx  3h

Probably the most incredible ob I've ever seen. Bandar Mahshahr, Iran today: Temp: 109F (43C) Dew Point: 90F (32C).

I've seen such disgusting reports from Siri Island, IR, a Gulf oil port.  Sopmetimes when the wind is gusting 20+, the current condition is reported as "sand".  The natural version of tar and feather.

Wunderground shows a dew of 76 for New Sharon, though the PWS is in the town next door.  Meanwhile, Augusta ASOS is 68, in line with most stations in the region.

Archived