joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 25-27 severe and heavy rain

Ian

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll risk my life to see extreme weather.  It has no limit to me.  EF5 tornado followed by 100" of rain, I'll sign up right now.

Anyone who says otherwise isn't a true weather enthusiast.

July 31, 1987:  While waiting at an intersection in northeast Edmonton, Alberta, my brother turned around in the van and said to my mom (who grew up in Tornado Alley), "There's a tornado back there."  Mom didn't believe him.  Dad turned around and said that my brother was right, and he was.  Not long after, that area was flattened.  EF4, killed 27.  Picked itself up before it went over our house.  I believe it holds the record for the strongest tornado related to northernmost latitude (at least in North America).

Good downpour here in Mount Vernon.

TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 364
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
155 PM EDT SAT JUN 27 2015

TORNADO WATCH 364 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 800 PM EDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

MDC009-011-017-019-029-035-037-039-041-045-047-280000-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0364.150627T1755Z-150628T0000Z/

MD
. MARYLAND COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

CALVERT CAROLINE CHARLES
DORCHESTER KENT QUEEN ANNE`S
SOMERSET ST. MARYS TALBOT
WICOMICO WORCESTER
$

Find it hard to believe these ARW / HRRR rainfall forecasts given the underwhelming rainfall thus far.

Storm total of 1.03" in Gaithersburg.  Highest hourly rate was 0.44" between 13:00 - 14:00.

Yeah, but that kind of worries me.  I'm right around .75" for the day, so if that even comes close to verifying, it's going to be pouring here all afternoon and evening.  Four or five inches of rain won't have anywhere to go.

I guess I should start emptying the 12 ounce cans I have in the fridge just in case.  :drunk:

Archived