joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 25-27 severe and heavy rain

Ian

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the Eastern Half of Baltimore County, Baltimore City, and Northern Anne Arundel Counties have gotten hit hardest. Lot of pictures coming out from Perry Hall and Linthicum respectively. I assume my basement at home is really bad. It's quite bad in Bel Air too.

So. Much. Rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like fast WSW flow aloft with southerly flow at the sfc up to the warm front. That stuff firing up down south near Dale City is heading right into the mixing bowl.

I'm definitely interested now.

Think they pulled the flood warnings too fast? I would have been careful about prematurely pulling them after what we saw with the earlier burst of rain

Frederick County:

17:10|New Market|STILL WATER RESCUE|LAKE LINGANORE DAM|A159,A339,M17,RE153,E15
2,Q11,BT15,BT2,BOATSUP2,DIVE16,BAT900,SFT900,EMS900

Report:  Boat on dam.  Multiple teenagers in the water.  8 victims being transported to Frederick Memorial Hospital.  9th victim is a body recovery/fatality.

Source:  Frederick Fire Wire

Think they pulled the flood warnings too fast? I would have been careful about prematurely pulling them after what we saw with the earlier burst of rain

Yeah I think so, but what do I know? If it weren't for the lack of CAPE, I'd be bullish for something super-legit in a few hrs, at least in the DC area. Kinematic forcing aloft is through the roof.

Timing is everything with severe. If that stuff blew up a few hours later would have been better. Kinda surprised SPC stayed with 10 so far north but eh.

I was actually thinking the entire 500mb progression was slower than ideal for severe. Speed up the timing a good 6hrs and we'd be solidly in the warm sector by 2-3pm w/ the frontal forcing arriving by 4pm instead of 10pm.

Archived