amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Potential for a rather potent severe weather event

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And watch that storm or storms that is laying down the OFB in PA. It's along a rich moisture gradient, and as SNE continues to destabilize that might root into the boundary layer.

Quite a bit of juice moving north into NYC area with dew points >72F. 

12z GYX sounding had freezing levels over 13,000 feet. Tough to get much hail with that kind of sounding and such a moist environment.

Yeah, I only mentioned because there was hail indicated over me on my radar view.   I wouldn't have been looking for it without that icon.

Yeah, I only mentioned because there was hail indicated over me on my radar view.   I wouldn't have been looking for it without that icon.

Probably because there was some 60 dBZ in that cell. Typically it's hard to do that without hail, but very heavy rain can bump reflectivity that high. Algorithms sometimes can be pretty stupid like that.

I hope everyone gets what they're expecting, (Wiz chasing an EF5 naked, Kev watching the hood leveled, expect his house)  SNE has always been renowned for having the best parameters always to come up short.

In the end 99.9% will be disappointed.

Come on down here just last night ~ 2am had a collapsing tower up to 60dBZ fall apart just 2 miles south. The light show was continuous for a hour and nary a drop.

I will never complain about high dews again....LOL

Anyhow GOODLUCK y'all.    

Staying put?

yeah...I guess BDL is a decent spot.  Still debating though if somewhere in Worcester county, particularly the south half, is in better position.  But if winds remain southerly at BDL helicity will continue being enhanced and perhaps even a bit higher than what models show

Archived