CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Potential for a rather potent severe weather event

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news is cloud tops are warming quickly. Bad news is the HRRR back builds on the cold pool over PA and kind of robs us of the recovery of the air mass northward.

Yup. I kind of doubt the HRRR solution though. Tends to be too bullish reviving these dying MCSs around here

Meh, we cancel on the 1630z updates in my opinion. 13z is too early to call it dead, on the off chance that the MCS does rot its way into New England.

I think the developing convection west of KUNV is the bigger concern. That crap near  BGM is falling apart pretty quickly. 

G'field also has the benefit of a Dunkin' Donuts and a McDonald's if needed. I'm pretty sure that's tough to come by in Dave's hood.

Sucks about the clouds. Could still get some much not-needed rain.

The breaks approaching Albany are encouraging for NW MA and SVT.

Poet's Seat ftw locally watching storms. Just gotta steer clear of the lightning rod flagpole.

The problem isn't just the rain going away. You don't just erase 45,000ft cloud tops in 2-3 hrs. Debris high level clouds will be an issue. We may actually see a line with the main cold front early evening as well. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the timing of this weakening MCS seems sort of critical to widespread activity right now. Maybe it can refire south of pike, but not so sure about that.

The problem isn't just the rain going away. You don't just erase 45,000ft cloud tops in 2-3 hrs. Debris high level clouds will be an issue. We may actually see a line with the main cold front early evening as well. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the timing of this weakening MCS seems sort of critical to widespread activity right now. Maybe it can refire south of pike, but not so sure about that.

Exactly. Oh well we'll see how this evolves. 

Plus the rich moisture (check out theta-e obs right now) is south of that PA MCS. If it wasn't there the rich moisture would be somewhere across central NY now instead. Much easier to advect that into New England than all the way from the Mason Dixon.

Archived